Holy SHIT!!

Founding Member
Founding Member
We fish this body of water allot, man I've never thought something like this could happen!
But then again something like this did happen up at white earth a couple years ago during that women on water tourney, Ranger hit a Yarcraft and almost killed everyone.

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
HOLY SHIT IS RIGHT!!!!!! I have bumped boats before but absolutely nothing like that!!!!!! I'm guessing everyone was ok? Holy Hell!!!!!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
what the hell ever came of the white earth crash. Anybody hear who the driver of the boat that hit them was? I heard a couple different names at the time but never a solid names always an "I think".

Sim

"Larsen also said a lawsuit seemed unnecessary because the people in the Weldcraft weren’t hurt badly." :;:huh I wonder how bad they need to be hurt before he thinks a lawsuit is justified.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol no one was driving guy and gal we're screwing at full throttle

Kinda the story I heard, but with that tourney you have 2 women and a driver. So there was quite possibly another person in the boat at the time. Sounds more like a spot lock situation to me!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two things. I would have been so scared and mad, that I would have come out of the water swinging. And I'm not a slugger.

Two, that's a serious testament to that boat, that it didn't sink. Holy moly.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
They weren't in the tournament

- - - Updated - - -

I got the story from the peace officer involved the speeding boat was not in the tournament the boat that got hit was

Founding Member
Founding Member
No doubt, those boats are built like a tank!
Pics are impressive, you can see where the prop chewed it up too.

boat crash 1.jpg
boat crash 2.jpg

boat crash 3.jpg

boat crash 4.jpg

That Yarcraft took that direct hit at pretty much full throttle from what I hear from that ranger well also. Amazing how well those boats are made. Hell that ranger ramped over him and was able to drive the damn thing back to the ramp!

boat accident.jpg

boat accident2.jpg

boat accident3.jpg

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm surprised more of this doesn't happen on the river around Bismarck.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Wasn't it just last year at Hazelton there was a boat that got run over? I was there the day it happened but was fishing upstream a few miles. Guy had one of them high rising bows and couldn't see jack. I say if you have a boat that does that, you definitely need a hydrofoil.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member

I think people are less cautious when boating on a lake. In the river, you constantly are looking out for things to hit and usually drive slower.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wasn't it just last year at Hazelton there was a boat that got run over? I was there the day it happened but was fishing upstream a few miles. Guy had one of them high rising bows and couldn't see jack. I say if you have a boat that does that, you definitely need a hydrofoil.

I second this. And on top of that, if you can't see over the bow, for whatever reason, you need to stop and look. This guy in the big Bayliner sounds like he normally uses a scooter to get around. That's all fine and dandy, but if his physical needs preclude him from seeing over the bow, then he ought not be allowed to drive a boat.

If I were blind, no matter how much I wanted one, the state wouldn't get me a driver's license.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think people are less cautious when boating on a lake. In the river, you constantly are looking out for things to hit and usually drive slower.
Maybe but that doesn't figure in booze and sandbar distractions.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
fifteen years or so ago down on the river a boat ran over a jet skier. the skier crossed in front of it and driver didn't see her because of the bow. they brought her in on a pontoon full of people. She was on the front of the pontoon and they were literally holding her foot on. It was hanging by what appeared to be one ligament. It was ugly as hell.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52