hunting ethics

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
An NDO hoodie I still have to this day with a big ol hole in the back, only comes out during deer season..I've never seen eyes get the size of golfballs and hope to never again!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The ironic thing about this whole ordeal is this guy will probably remember the bashing he took about posting a video to social media more then the actual hunt.

Could have been addressed on FB but noooo... the censorship card got called.

That elevated matters to NDA - the beacon of outdoors freedom, thanks to Vollmer.

Ya gotta nip this type of thing in the the bud Andy... nip it in the bud.

~Barney Fife

- - - Updated - - -

And I will do it again if my hand is again forced. ;:;rofl

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just say no to social media and public forums . Wait I’m on a public forum…

- - - Updated - - -

So I saw an ad for adult Halloween costumes on nodak today. They claim it is uncensored as well. Is this true?

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't see the vids before they were edited but judging by the responses it must have been ugly. The wannabees probably learned some valuable lessons about ethics if they sink in. Are these the same clowns that drive a green vinyl wrapped pickup with 701 something on the side ?
I don’t know who this dude is nor do I care. IMO just an attention whore. I didn’t even watch neither video because quite frankly I don’t care to, I don’t get off on watching someone else hunt or fish for that matter. It’s like wiping before to poop, makes absolutely no sense to me.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m the kind of guy that keeps shooting until they are dead and ruins meat in the process. I’ve had too many animals come back alive to run off if I don’t make sure they are expired……

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It absolutely was. I don't care how many critters you've killed, I know what happened. I don't get grumpy about things much, but I was there and you were not. That bull was shot 2 times. Once through the lungs, once through the heart.

What did the wound channel look like? Was there a non-expanded 30Cal hole “penciled” through both lungs? I’m wondering if the projectile caught a cattail or 2 in the way to the Moose, induces some yaw on the projectile that greatly inhibited/precluded expansion? The only thing that makes sense to me regarding a Moose living 30Min+ with holes in both lungs is that they weren’t big holes, pointing towards little/no expansion. I’m going to make the leap that they weren’t FMJ nor HPBT “Match” projectiles.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personally i don't see anything wrong with the video. pretty sure most people i know don't hesitate to kill as soon as possible. I can guarantee i wouldn't want some of my hunts taped, sh-- happens some times. I wont go into details but over the last 53 years some deer have suffered and some ran away bleeding to never be seen again.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The four wheeler is quite interesting. Haha.

videos, tv, outfitters, bucks and bulls Facebook pages, social media, internet and ease of communication has definitely not made hunting better and will eventually ruin it.

#prostaff
I couldn’t think of a more true statement. It takes more and more $$$$$ to hunt than it ever used to and it’s only going to get worse. The great thing about hunting was you don’t need to be rich to do it and that anyone could go out and hunt, getting further and further away from that unfortunately…..

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like watching well made shows like western hunter I also like watching waterfowl shows to pick up tips on different ways to do stuff. Fishing and whitetail hunting are boring as golf.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. But just because you don't understand why someone else does something, doesn't make you right.

Assuming we want attention makes it seem like we think we're important. Fun fact, I don't. I'm a nobody who likes making hunting and fishing videos. Truth be told, I'm kindof antisocial and like to be by myself most of the time. I just really enjoy telling a story. I enjoy people feeling like they were there. And I love being able to look back on all the cool things I've been a part of over the last few years.

My coffee invite for Jiffy extends to you if you're ever around. People get mad about and talk down on things they don't understand. I'd love to help change your mind sometime.

Attention, fame, $$$$ is why people film and make videos to share on social media and there is nothing wrong with that. To say that you just want to share those memories with others is simply oblivious to what that really means. Why are you sponsored by Scheels if you just do this for the memories and to share your experiences? Why wrap you boat or put decals on your truck if you don’t want attention?

Again there is nothing wrong with making videos or even how this hunt went. The moose was clearly fatally wounded and you guys did nothing wrong. The only part that went wrong is editing the video. Your buddy should only be upset that he potentially ruined his social media reputation because of bad editing , while he should not be upset about anything because what matters is his memories from a once in a lifetime experience. If social media wasn’t about attention he shouldn’t lose one bit of sleep because of this.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
You make a good point.I actually had to think through some things before I could respond accurately.

First thing to say I guess is, I never thought things would go the way they have for me, so I’m grateful they have.I will stick to my guns when I say I make videos to share the story and share the memory.When it comes to attention or fame, that’s never been something I’ve cared about.I’m just a dude who loves to make hunting and fishing videos.The fact that some people care to watch still blows my mind.

The money thing, that’s a real conversation.I started making videos around the same time I started my real job and I was broke as a joke.I did what I could with what I had, but that was about it.When I had the conversation with Scheels and they said they liked what I was doing and wanted to help me do it better and more, I was, and still am ecstatic. My relationship with them has opened a lot of doors and given me pile of opportunities.One of those opportunities led to me purchasing my first boat.That boat was in great mechanical shape, but was kept in a slip and the exterior vinyls needed to be removed, Scheels helped me make it look nice again and do some advertising for their store and my channel.

As my channel grows, the income that it generates grows and I get more opportunities to make and share more memories.Money is a real thing.Like someone said, hunting and fishing is expensive.Then add in cameras, drones, audio equipment, editing computers and software, it costs a lot to do what I’m doing, but I love doing it.So, to say that I also do it to make money is correct.Heck, if I could make a living doing this that would be great, and I don’t know many people who would turn that opportunity down.

Skeeter, to have someone say anyone who films is an attention whore, well, you’re wrong.I don’t know why you feel the way you do but your assessment, well of me at least, is off.I don’t think I’m important at all, but over the last few years I’ve been able to use my platform and resources to help a lot of people do a lot of really cool things. Maybe if you’d get off your high-horse and actually check something out before you bashed it, you’d think differently.

If you ever only watch one thing I’ve done. Let it be this.

Lando

Established Member
I'm sure the tax break for fishing and hunting isn't bad either.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
[MENTION=214]NPO_Aaron[/MENTION] kudos for taking the heat and keeping your cool on this thread.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You make a good point.I actually had to think through some things before I could respond accurately.

First thing to say I guess is, I never thought things would go the way they have for me, so I’m grateful they have.I will stick to my guns when I say I make videos to share the story and share the memory.When it comes to attention or fame, that’s never been something I’ve cared about.I’m just a dude who loves to make hunting and fishing videos.The fact that some people care to watch still blows my mind.

The money thing, that’s a real conversation.I started making videos around the same time I started my real job and I was broke as a joke.I did what I could with what I had, but that was about it.When I had the conversation with Scheels and they said they liked what I was doing and wanted to help me do it better and more, I was, and still am ecstatic. My relationship with them has opened a lot of doors and given me pile of opportunities.One of those opportunities led to me purchasing my first boat.That boat was in great mechanical shape, but was kept in a slip and the exterior vinyls needed to be removed, Scheels helped me make it look nice again and do some advertising for their store and my channel.

As my channel grows, the income that it generates grows and I get more opportunities to make and share more memories.Money is a real thing.Like someone said, hunting and fishing is expensive.Then add in cameras, drones, audio equipment, editing computers and software, it costs a lot to do what I’m doing, but I love doing it.So, to say that I also do it to make money is correct.Heck, if I could make a living doing this that would be great, and I don’t know many people who would turn that opportunity down.

Skeeter, to have someone say anyone who films is an attention whore, well, you’re wrong.I don’t know why you feel the way you do but your assessment, well of me at least, is off.I don’t think I’m important at all, but over the last few years I’ve been able to use my platform and resources to help a lot of people do a lot of really cool things. Maybe if you’d get off your high-horse and actually check something out before you bashed it, you’d think differently.

If you ever only watch one thing I’ve done. Let it be this.

Keep at it man! I’ve watched some of your videos and they are pretty good production and content wise. It’s easy to relate to your videos as they are not always successful hunts or fishing trips but that’s real life on some trips into the outdoors. If people follow you they know what you have done to give back and as a fellow sportsman I applaud that. I think your followers and subscribers know you are in it for the right reasons. I think it’s good for Scheels to have a non-professional, not arrogant or braggadocios, non-full time guy be one of their ambassadors and I think they made a great decision to bring you on board!

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep at it man! I’ve watched some of your videos and they are pretty good production and content wise. It’s easy to relate to your videos as they are not always successful hunts or fishing trips but that’s real life on some trips into the outdoors. If people follow you they know what you have done to give back and as a fellow sportsman I applaud that. I think your followers and subscribers know you are in it for the right reasons. I think it’s good for Scheels to have a non-professional, not arrogant or braggadocios, non-full time guy be one of their ambassadors and I think they made a great decision to bring you on board!

Thank you man, I really appreciate that.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not bashing the video at all. I thought it showed real emotion.

But that bull WAS NOT xlunged and hearts hot and still alive.
Sorry man, aint happening.

Nope, I wasn't thete:;:smokin

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not bashing the video at all. I thought it showed real emotion.

But that bull WAS NOT xlunged and hearts hot and still alive.
Sorry man, aint happening.

Nope, I wasn't thete:;:smokin

Ok, this is my last post on this. Yes it was. It's not a debate. It's not an opinion. There's no argument. The first shot was both lungs. It's a fact, non debatable.

- - - Updated - - -

And the shot in the heart was done from about 7 feet away when we finally got to the bull.

Moving on.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88