I HATE coyotes!!!!

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Posts
3,180
Likes
1,192
Points
488
Location
Learing center minnedishu
If I had to pick it’s still the honkers and green heads because I get to watch my dog pick them up the coyotes at night though are a hoot
Love it! Butttttt, I've Hunted with far too many amazing labs in the decoys which has led me to eventually holding a grudge as they'd bring my banded birds to their owners 🤦‍♂️😂
 


870XPRS

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2016
Posts
86
Likes
116
Points
155
Nuttin butter ☺️ (seriously though, used to be big greenies and honks coming locked into the dekes at 1000 yards now it's the glimpses of a hungry "kiyooot" charging in..😎
This is why I don't start....I'll get hooked.
 

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Posts
3,180
Likes
1,192
Points
488
Location
Learing center minnedishu
This is why I don't start....I'll get hooked.
I would highly highly recommend getting into it it esp if you're one who enjoys a challenge and reaping the benefits. Thing I probably love about it most is it's something u can just go do solo on a whim all months of the year on beautiful, non-windy days.

Takes the sting of not being on the receiveing end of an annual buck tag if you grew up in the glory days like myself. Not to mention; not much scouting needed, super easy access as ppl want them gone on prime land, and not hard on the wallet other than a little gas. My advice would be to start out with an experienced caller if possible off the bat. Just my 2 pennies..
 


870XPRS

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2016
Posts
86
Likes
116
Points
155
I would highly highly recommend getting into it it esp if you're one who enjoys a challenge and reaping the benefits. Thing I probably love about it most is it's something u can just go do solo on a whim all months of the year on beautiful, non-windy days.

Takes the sting of not being on the receiveing end of an annual buck tag if you grew up in the glory days like myself. Not to mention; not much scouting needed, super easy access as ppl want them gone on prime land, and not hard on the wallet other than a little gas. My advice would be to start out with an experienced caller if possible off the bat. Just my 2 pennies..
Seems fair.....i grew up across he street for 1lessdog and as a 15 year old he made fun of me for my bag of ducks.....came a long way since that day. Still have respect for 1lessdog. Made me a much better waterfowler with his comments.
 

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Posts
3,180
Likes
1,192
Points
488
Location
Learing center minnedishu
Reminds me of my late uncle when early season honks started here in nodak moons ago and We'd pull into the farm with a truck box full 😂 (if we only would have these very liberal limits today back then..)

you're in good hands, take the plunge..u won't regret it!
 
Last edited:

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
May 15, 2015
Posts
256
Likes
113
Points
217
Doing work.
IMG_1997.jpeg
View attachment IMG_1873.jpegView attachment IMG_1836.jpeg
 

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2015
Posts
2,283
Likes
1,410
Points
523
Location
Not where I'd like to be
I got out for the first time this weekend, earlier than normal this year. With all the corn and beans still out there, it's tough to find good places to set up.

I made 3 stands Friday night. The first one was blank, which is probably for the best because I was feeling pretty rusty fumbling with all my equipment. By stand #2 I was getting it dialed in.

Killed 3 total. The last one was pretty cool. She took a lot of convincing, but after about 5 minutes of yaking back and forth at 500 yards, she broke loose.

 
Last edited:


jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
May 15, 2015
Posts
256
Likes
113
Points
217
What do you use to keep the Fleas off yourself when handling them ?. A long time ago we would bring contractor bags with they were always full of fleas. And then spay some flea killer inside the bag and tie it tight
Nothing. I have a drag for up to 4. I put them on a receiver hitch carrier. Only once have I had fleas in the pickup when I was done .
 


SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Posts
11,778
Likes
1,885
Points
663
What do you use to keep the Fleas off yourself when handling them ?. A long time ago we would bring contractor bags with they were always full of fleas. And then spay some flea killer inside the bag and tie it tight
2x or 3x Ziplock storage bags. Spray in some Raid or Similar and seal the ziplock.

If you’re trying to save hides either get the hide off ASAP or get the carcass cooled ASAP. Coyotes smell bad enough, having one that’s started to rot would be much worse.

The 10’s and 20’s will hold several coyotes.

The 10’s will also hold and entire boned out deer. For deer generally I’d prefer the 3’s or 5’s so as to spread things out so they’ll cool faster. I’ve never had a problem getting a deer boned-out rear quarter into a 3Gal. Easier to stack and layer ice and meat in a cooler/freezer with the smaller bags.

Big Ziploc
 

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

  • This month: 49
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
Top Bottom