What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
I need some wood working ideas
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Davy Crockett" data-source="post: 391194" data-attributes="member: 367"><p>We have almost every Popular mechanics magazines from the 40s- the 70s and there are some very cool old primitive woodworking projects in them. I was going to mention if you ever run across any. I just looked online for the heck of it and found a goldmine. As old as 1905 online for free with no downloads and searchable. just search for google books and once your in google books search for popular mechanics by year or by projects. This is one of the coolest finds ever. I'm posting a link to one I'm going to look at. I know you will find some cool woodworking ideas in these. Same for any other building , Boats, go carts , cars, airplanes, snow planes . You name it. In the paperbacks we have they were always predicting the future so back then , like now days, they knew the capabilities were there but just hadn't figured out how. The mad rush for patents and the next great invention. </p><p> Have fun reading, I know some of you will. </p><p></p><p> <a href="https://books.google.com/books?id=WN4DAAAAMBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=popular+mechanics+1900&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiCqZuxnIODAxX3MTQIHT3TDHAQ6AF6BAgHEAI#v=onepage&q&f=false" target="_blank">https://books.google.com/books?id=WN4DAAAAMBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=popular+mechanics+1900&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiCqZuxnIODAxX3MTQIHT3TDHAQ6AF6BAgHEAI#v=onepage&q&f=false</a></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Davy Crockett, post: 391194, member: 367"] We have almost every Popular mechanics magazines from the 40s- the 70s and there are some very cool old primitive woodworking projects in them. I was going to mention if you ever run across any. I just looked online for the heck of it and found a goldmine. As old as 1905 online for free with no downloads and searchable. just search for google books and once your in google books search for popular mechanics by year or by projects. This is one of the coolest finds ever. I'm posting a link to one I'm going to look at. I know you will find some cool woodworking ideas in these. Same for any other building , Boats, go carts , cars, airplanes, snow planes . You name it. In the paperbacks we have they were always predicting the future so back then , like now days, they knew the capabilities were there but just hadn't figured out how. The mad rush for patents and the next great invention. Have fun reading, I know some of you will. [URL]https://books.google.com/books?id=WN4DAAAAMBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=popular+mechanics+1900&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiCqZuxnIODAxX3MTQIHT3TDHAQ6AF6BAgHEAI#v=onepage&q&f=false[/URL] [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
I need some wood working ideas
Top
Bottom