Ice Fishing Rental Recommendation

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife and I have an anniversary coming up at the end of January and I'm looking to take her ice fishing. Any recommendations on who to go through? I'd like the full experience of sleeping on the ice and good opportunity to catch fish....She'd be more entertained with some action of any size. I guess some action would be good for me too, but that'll be determined by how well the weekend goes. North Dakota or Minnesota fine by me....Thanks!

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
If she has never ice fished before or slept overnite in a fish house, personally, For your anniversary, I think you would earn more points if you hired a guide for a day of fishing and booked a Jacuzzi suite at a local motel for the evening afterwards.
Win win..you and her catch fish during the day and then enjoy the evening also. JMHO:;:thumbsup

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm pretty sure my wife and most others I know would prefer the suggestion from 3Roosters. You get the best of both worlds. Spending the night in a fish house I'm guessing isn't very high on most women's bucket list. Then again, I don't know your wife at all so do what you think she would really enjoy.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Combine the two, hotel one night and fish house the next. Sounds like an awesome weekend! Happy Anniversary!

oh yeah, I second the thought of Lake of the Woods. Lots of great resorts with sleeper houses there.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the suggestions guys. My wife is the adventurous type and would be thrilled to try sleeping on the ice, though a night in a motel for variety may just be the ticket. Any specific ice fishing rentals you'd recommend up on LOW?

Turfman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dales Fish House Rental on LOW. Very clean houses. He will transport out in the bombardier. Right next to Arnesen’s on Rocky Point. One night on the ice one night in hotel 2 days fishing. Best of both worlds.

nybs

Honored Member
I've only gone with Border View resort, but it was for a work weekend, not anniversary...nice outfit - they took us out in bombers, house was heated and minnows already in it, and we stayed in a cabin that slept 10.

Brian Halse

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got back from Arnesons Rocky Point resort. Great place to stay, Cabins or sleeper houses, we stay in the cabin. They cook your fish at the restaurant and take you to your house each day. 1st class all of the way. And the fish are biting pretty good right now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51