Ice "minking"

FinsFursFeathers

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife thought we should call it "Minking" instead of fishing. Caught through the ice with a jig, minnow and rattle reel. Has anybody else had this experience?

Attachments

IMG_0290.jpg IMG_0293.jpg
Last edited:

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
need the full story on this one..lol Did you have to beat it with a minnow scoop?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
wow, catch a mink through the ice!! and in your underpants, just wow... my life is so damn vanilla.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Caught one on a smelt under a tipup about 25 years ago. Have had rats come up the hole lots of times. First time is always a surprise.

FinsFursFeathers

Founding Member
Founding Member
need the full story on this one..lol Did you have to beat it with a minnow scoop?
Sorry, nothing really exciting. Like it ran up the wife's pants leg looking for some long lost relative.::thinking:: Rattle reel goes off, bobber goes down, set hook, line snags on bottom of ice, finish eating as I know it will take a bit to get it loose and I don't like cold food. Finish eating, get it loose, snags again, get it loose, start pulling again, see it at the bottom of the hole, and WTF is this? Luckily I was more concerned with having a warm meal than what was at the end of the line!!!! This gave it ample time to inhale the needed amount of H2O to subdue him!!!! The thought has crossed my mind many times, what the hell would have I done if it would have came up on the first attempt? Usually come up with a very "I would have been in complete control of the situation" answer. Yes.....I talk to myself often.:;:huhWife asks "What are you going to do with that?" I say...." I guess I might as well try to sell it". Then I realized how rare the situation must be I decided I should get it mounted. I would like to use the jig and a minnow to replicate how it was caught. Any ideas or pics of how something like this would look would be appreciated. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I've had muskrats come up the hole.

Couple times for me also!!!

- - - Updated - - -

You should get that one mounted!

Gonna do it. Would like some ideas if you have any! With jig and a minnow.

- - - Updated - - -

wow, catch a mink through the ice!! and in your underpants, just wow... my life is so damn vanilla.

Hey.....they're not underpants! I got them from my daughter for Christmas! They call the "Jammy Pants"

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, beat me to it!

Did he beat you to the punch.::boxing::? Or, have you been trying to catch a mink in you underpants for a long time??????;:;rofl

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Question: Do you need a furbearer's license to fish for mink or are they covered under the fishing license?

I do know that they're not worth enough selling them to make up for the story you would have forever with it mounted.

FinsFursFeathers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Question: Do you need a furbearer's license to fish for mink or are they covered under the fishing license?

I do know that they're not worth enough selling them to make up for the story you would have forever with it mounted.

I guess if really paid off to get a sportsman license......no worries......oh wait, there is still on variable......Is the season still open? Checked that out and good to go there. Any other implications that could be involved? Hope I have crossed all by T's and dotted my I's

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 51