If the winter doesnt kill the deer the coyotes will

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Odds are your bale won't last very long. Deer will shred a bale in short oder in years like this. When the game and fish were feeding them they would generally put out around five bales at a time at several different spots in the wma I hunted for a total of 15 to 20 bales and in most years with snow the bales would hit the tipping point in around three days. Now there were huge amounts of deer but often these deer would target the bales over the corn and oats that were also there.

No big deal to me if it gets shredded. Kind of hoping this one lasts a while, but if it doesn't and this one gets raggedy, I'll just go get another one. I know where there's more. Had this buck and 6 does bedded in various places within 40 yards of the house when we got back home from Fargo today. That goofy buck was right back in his bed from this morning. He apparently likes it here. It's too much fun to watch'em NOT to keep going.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
At my parents house right off the end of the house there are some good evergreens and they have planted some bushes and there is a little calf that has bedded in the same spot every day since the first week in Dec. He comes out and eats the corn and sunflowers they put out for the pheasants. Mom gets a kick out of watching him turn and shift and wiggle to get comfortable down in his little hole. You can just see his head when he gets settled in.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33