Impulse Reaction Paddle Shad

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have not used that brand but i have used lots of plastics with the similar tail and have done really well catching walleye in the Bismarck area. The fish went crazy for that style at hazelton this spring for us it out fished everything else 2 to 1

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a lot of mimic minnows and some other soft baits with that style tail and do fairly well with them. Mostly cast and retrieve but also pull them behind The boat too.

Also used them Ice fishing a few times with decent luck

Last edited:

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
We fished exclusively with paddle tails on Thursday and I can tell you the walleyes hit them with authority. We were snapped jigging them and the fish would almost yank the rod out of your hand.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mimics, Ripple shads, Walleye Assassins and Walleye sliders. Have used them a few years and love them when fish are shallow, Can fish it like a crank bait or rip it off the bottom, Hard to fish them wrong. I have found the Mimics work better when fish maybe aren't as aggressive and the Assassins with the bigger body and tail seem better in murky water/big wind. Some days though a 3 in twister tail will out fish all of them depending on how aggressive they are. Had a friend whip me into submission on twisters one day on devils. He already had his limit. Same speed retrieve, same spot. I didn't catch an eye until I got rid of the paddle tail and put his chartreuse tail on. I usually throw both now to see what they want.

bowcarp

Founding Member
Founding Member
basically Berkeley power bait , which worked great for us this spring off shore on the jim river on eye's

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had alot of luck using paddle tails in the past. They have fallen off my radar in the last few years.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Swim baits can really put some fish on the table. Late summer and into the fall, I really do well on on the Sheyenne using walleye and saltwater assassins. I use lots of white and white combo colors and purple. The assassins also work well on the tailrace and are my "go to" lure when I'm there.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love me some paddle tails. The impulse has a much bigger belly than a walleye assassin so it runs shallower with the same size jig.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Paddle tails are great. I use them in cold water. After mid may though then i switch over to cranks.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74