Indian Markers

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Interesting,mr steve,thanx for posting,in canada natives would place prayer stones along the hiway,but that was many years ago,not sure why or if they still do this,just flat stones piled up in a pyramid

like this,buddy got a darn good business making prayer stone lamps and yard markers like this~

stone2.jpg

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a tree bent like that - down by the Red River in my back yard.

A flood event bent it over when it was maybe 5 years old. The top branch took over as the new vertical trunk.

In time, the old original tree trunk will get starved out of light, wither, and eventually rot away.

IMO some of these are naturally formed by trees falling on trees, flood events, etc.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a tree bent like that - down by the Red River in my back yard.

A flood event bent it over when it was maybe 5 years old. The top branch took over as the new vertical trunk.

In time, the old original tree trunk will get starved out of light, wither, and eventually rot away.

IMO some of these are naturally formed by trees falling on trees, flood events, etc.

Killjoy…..grin

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
rocks were also used as trail markers in our neck of the woods. I've watched for marker trees but never saw one. It would be fun to find one.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it’s about gol darn time we start making us some of these here trail marker trees.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmm. Interesting.
Indian markers here are shot up roadsighns,furniture in the ditched,
Garbage thrown out at every crossing, an even occasionally, vultures flying off a deer carcass .
Poor deer was born without a head?

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You saw the History or Travel Channel deal. Sly little dickens.

images

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You saw the History or Travel Channel deal. Sly little dickens.

cache.php

If you're referring to me, I have no clue WTF you're referring to.

Those trees all curve one way. I wonder what they do when they need the opposite curve? Is there a left-handed orchard?

TripleSK

Established Member
Fast forward to the year 2121: anthropologists tell us natives left these along trails to find their way. 1691767135991.png

fast forward to 2121, the Internet is alive and well, but researchers are baffled by the stale race jokes that only entitled white guys laugh at.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm. Interesting.
Indian markers here are shot up roadsighns,furniture in the ditched,
Garbage thrown out at every crossing, an even occasionally, vultures flying off a deer carcass .
Poor deer was born without a head?

**roadsigns**, **ditches** there I fixed it for you, so your dumb comment could make sense.

TripleSK

Established Member
So..., what part "woke" you, the truth or the mis spelling?

neither, just your ignorance. Does it ever occur to you that it might just not be “indians” shooting up road signs, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

So..., what part "woke" you, the truth or the mis spelling?

if you want to speak the “truth”. Talk about all the native women being murdered. Talk about all the native vets who go without benefits or lack of, then ridiculed by entitled pricks like you if they resort to alcohol. Talk about ALL the residential schools that have hidden graves of all the little “Indians”. You want to speak the truth, make sure to add that in their with your “truth” about indians.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
fast forward to 2121, the Internet is alive and well, but researchers are baffled by the stale race jokes that only entitled white guys laugh at.

- - - Updated - - -

**roadsigns**, **ditches** there I fixed it for you, so your dumb comment could make sense.
If it's true it's not racist. I guess if you have nothing else that's what you fall back on.

TripleSK

Established Member
If it's true it's not racist. I guess if you have nothing else that's what you fall back on.

If it’s anyone falling back on something it’s you. You only see the shot road signs, trash in ditches, etc. and continue to use that as your “winning” argument, but you won’t see all that I have listed as “truth” also.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88