Informal poll

TWN

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doing some looking around for deer tonight and went to some land we hunted quite a few years ago, mostly just a nice evening for a drive. We stopped hunting this property when it changed hands and new owner didn't let any one on. Land has changed hands a couple more times and have no idea who owns it now just know they do not live in the area. The question for you is as follows; the land is posted with signs that are two or more years old based on the condition of the signs. You cannot make any info on the landowner so IMO this is not legally posted. However the intent is quite clear. I have always avoided land like this cuz I just don't need the trouble but this line is a little fuzzy to me- how many would keep driving and how many would stop to hunt? Thanks TW

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't hunt. But, finding out who owns it should be easy. Contacting them might not be as easy.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't hunt. But, finding out who owns it should be easy. Contacting them might not be as easy.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep on trucking until owner us found and permission is obtained

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't care if the farmer painted "no trespassing" on an old tire, that's posted. Download OnX app and run the free trial. Find the new owner. Start looking for a phone number.

Trav

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the law is very clear.
imagejpeg

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
this is exactly why we need to force annual posting and prevent prosecution of people that are hunting on land with expired or unreadable signs. Those signs could have been put up by owners years ago that no longer own the land. If an owner wants permanent signs then metal signs of a specific type with specific data could be allowed. With spacing as per the regulations. Renters should also not be allowed to post property. Only the rightful owner.

Trav

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried to post the century code link, but I says that criminal trespass can be prosecuted even if the land isn't post to the letter of the law. So from I understand Game and Fish might not want anything to do with, but the sheriff would within all rights to charge and individual for trespassing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 173
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 56