Insight Genesis/planner

Apres

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really love the idea behind making my own maps. I upgraded to lowrance elite 4 hdi this winter just so I could map the river and have an idea of what it looked like to help find potential spots. It works great, and I can view the map online perfectly, except when I put it on my unit the predefined land masses from the base map cover much of the bottom contours in the areas I want to see.

Anybody else have this issue?

Anybody use Insight planner what are your thoughts about it? Is it worth playing around with? I downloaded it but can't get past the activation screen The code was supposed to be in an email but all I got was a receipt email with no discernible number to activate it.

I am waiting to hear back from support on both these issues just thought I would ask you guys.

Apres

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update, It only took 3 emails over the course of a week to get Navico to update the basemap for the Missouri river near Bismarck the map was redrawn so all the contours show up so it doesn't look like I am driving through islands and on land. They kept telling me it couldn't be done. I don't think the customer service reps were really understanding what I was requesting. I don't know too much but have just enough knowledge of mapping and GIS to know this wasn't that hard. I asked the same question 3 times worded differently in 3 emails until they forwarded my question to the head project manager for the Insight genesis program, who emailed me asking what my problem was and where I thought the river needed to be redrawn. I explained what my problems were and 2 days later everything was fixed.

I gave up on planner, was just curious what the program did.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74