iPilot Remote

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
motorguide is actually a bit cheaper. Now, you'll have to get out of your seat and manually deploy/stow a motorguide. They don't have that option yet.

Fishmission - if they don't auto deploy - then what you get in the boat deploy and then back on the dock to control it away from the dock all at a busy ramp ? I have had both brands and had problems with both over the years - none have been perfect. I have not tried what mission does - however we have stopped and partied before on tied up barges of toons and I had the faith to steer it away from the toons and spot lock. It actually went quite a distance imo and spot locked without an issue and was able to come back. I generally replace the battery every 3 years.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took the battery/remote back to Interstate Batteries to let them know of my dissatisfaction. Original battery lasted three full seasons and this latest battery lasted only four months. Before I purchased a new battery I had him open the package and place the battery on a multimeter / battery tester. Even though it only cost $1.89, I'm not wanting to go into their store if inventory is all old stuff. To me it's just buyer beware.

I also asked about the "N" descriptor for the alternative battery. It was explained to me that the "CR2450N" model is designed for marine items, such as the iPilot, not because it's a tad bit thicker than the original model. The model CR2450 comes with a rubber ring around the outside ring to keep water out of the connection.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 196
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88