It is spring yet.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has spring sprung or is this just a tease that is quickly wrecking the ice. I seen my first batch of honkers yesterday. I don't think I can ever seen them this early.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I rode the Hog to the office after lunch today, beautiful 50* day going on here.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
dont you remember the shadow has been seen winter will be back in full force... march scares the shit outta me for how nice feb has been... march is gonna come from the back and tittysprinkle us! and you wont like it.. march wont be nice zero lube zero warnings just boom... and by the time you realize whats happening it will be way too late..

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
10 inches of snow here next thurs and friday this is just a sick trick to make us think it is over and than that ol bitch winter is going to slap us with the cast iron pan one more time

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Last year (i looked back on my FB feed) I had my last day ice fishing Feb 12th. by March 15th had the boat on open water on a small dam had it on the big water sometime in april i see it repeating close to that... we have more ice this year.... but i dont see the weather flipping back to below zero temps... maybe 20's....

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with arrow. March can be a titty sprinkling bitch. Sure, it could be in the 60's and farmers could be in the field by April, or all hell could break loose and we will have snow until mid/late april. I for one would love mid 30's for highs, upper teens at night to freeze. Great fishing off the four wheelers for another few weeks. then we can switch to spring mode. I am heading down to the tropical region of Omaha NE this weekend to enjoy some 65-70 degree weather so that could make me forget about ice fishing.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_2145.jpg
This was February 20 last year. So damn near to the day. We drove pickups on the ice for a long time after that

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the only point of the picture is that my 3 yr old girl was in a t shirt so it wasn't very cold. Oh and she caughter a whopper club fish that day!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe it is supposed to be colder and wetter (normal) in March. Everything will be at least a month later this year spring fishing wise compared to last. There are still plenty of jumbo perch to catch through the ice, It's just gonna start getting good.:;:rockit

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys who think winter is over must be rookies to this neck of the woods!:cool: I can recall more than a few March snow storms...so until its July, anything is still possible. The current warm weather sure must be giving the wildlife a much needed break though!!

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a shitter. It was a hell of a storm the day before. It blew across the road

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
First weekend of May in 2013 (I believe that was the year) I was ice fishing in Devils Lake while my friends were partying at spring fest in grand forks. We walked out but there were four wheelers on the ice near us.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
dont you remember the shadow has been seen winter will be back in full force... march scares the shit outta me for how nice feb has been... march is gonna come from the back and tittysprinkle us! and you wont like it.. march wont be nice zero lube zero warnings just boom... and by the time you realize whats happening it will be way too late..

shadow doesn't matter when you can geoengineer clouds to trap heat to cause melting and flooding whenever it is needed.

:crazythumb:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
10 inches of snow here next thurs and friday this is just a sick trick to make us think it is over and than that ol bitch winter is going to slap us with the cast iron pan one more time
The forecast has moving back and forth about a hundred miles or so the last three runs and she's still to far out to get to nervous yet but 3 foot totals are quite spooky and fairly consistent sofar.

For me yes I consider this the end to winter. Not saying we can't get big snow or cold still.....hell April 7th is the record storm for Bismark. But these are called spring storms for a reason and my mindset by the end of next week will be far more geared towards spring knowing that even if it does storm it's going to go away soon enough so any storm or cold snap is just a temporary setback and won't be here for long.

Screenshot_20170216-225451.jpg

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we're for sure just getting spoiled right now. Never know what could happen March/April. But it does have me dreaming of Morels.....:;:rockit

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28