Jason Mitchell?

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So,im holed up in our local icu,(old age sucks) watching a hunt the midwest show,ole jason being lead by a group of young guyz puting him on the x,setup dekes blinds etc,just like his days ice fishing he capitalized following Dave Genz,with his portable ice shacks,jigs etc. Does Mitchell do anything himself or surround himself with ppl in the know which is okay iffin he's collecting a pay check. Just curious.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure on Jason, but that's a bummer your hanging out there. Hope everything turns out OK !

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
So,im holed up in our local icu,(old age sucks) watching a hunt the midwest show,ole jason being lead by a group of young guyz puting him on the x,setup dekes blinds etc,just like his days ice fishing he capitalized following Dave Genz,with his portable ice shacks,jigs etc. Does Mitchell do anything himself or surround himself with ppl in the know which is okay iffin he's collecting a pay check. Just curious.
Do you bitch about everything? WTF?

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanx slayer,sad to say this hospital has the ugliest, meanist man haters...I swear every nurse here fell outof the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down,then beat with a ugly stick..,feel like a pin cushion when these gals search for a vein and the joy they show when i whimper in pain.just ain't right.

Last edited:

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hope you get better soon. I don’t know JM personally, read his stories in Dakota Country, watch his shows and have talked to him a couple times at Scheels. My guess is he located the X himself for years before doing TV. Now he probably has enough contacts that are more than happy to put him on the X. I enjoy the variety of his fishing shows. I don’t watch the hunting shows. He seems like a good dude to me.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hope you get better soon. I don’t know JM personally, read his stories in Dakota Country, watch his shows and have talked to him a couple times at Scheels. My guess is he located the X himself for years before doing TV. Now he probably has enough contacts that are more than happy to put him on the X. I enjoy the variety of his fishing shows. I don’t watch the hunting shows. He seems like a good dude to me.
Maybe so,but jm as a producer most likely has plenty of guyz promoting themselves for business, why not,outfitter names,sponsors etc.jm started out small time now a national noitall celebrity with young guyz leading the way.good for him.

Seems i remember jm started out guiding outif woodland resort many years ago and grew his business from there,i was surprised to see him banging ducks n geese.that is all.

Last edited:

Eatsleeptrap

★★★★★ Legendary Member
He's not a pretend know it all, he does know a lot. Took my dad and grandpa to Devils Lake in August for a day of guided fishing for a late Father's day present, more than a few years ago. Jason was our guide on a shitty, windy day. We had to move a couple of time's, but when he found fish, we hammered them. His boat handling and knowledge of the lake were impressive. He shared a few stories and when he found out I ice fish way more than open water, some great information for that upcoming winter. Bumped into him at a few outdoor shows since, and just said Hi. The Hi came right back. Now that may be a minor thing to some, and I know he didn't remember me from Adam, but it's the little things that count up.
Taking young guys out hunting and fishing? Just like Tony Dean and Dave Genz. But you question Mr. Mitchell?
I hope your ICU visit goes well and fast. Get some rest.

Eatsleeptrap

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I like it when guys edit their posts and maybe do not realize the edit time shows up on the fixed post.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know him outside of his shows and seeing him at outdoor events but I think he is pretty knowledgeable guy. Sure he has followed some of the greats around in the past to learn and maybe now he calls in some favors for TV show content but in the past how do some of us learn? We hook up with the most knowledgeable people we know to learn the ropes, then build our knowledge from there and hopefully we return the favor by getting others into the game, as our lives get more hectic hopefully we have some favors to call in or make trades (Example: I will take you pike spearing for a pheasant hunt) this is what I have kind of done or try to do.
Get well soon Snow

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 94
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26