July 4th plans

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
With June almost half gone, has anyone made their big july 4th plans? And for most, it'll be a 3 day weekend, does anyone take additonal days off from work prior to or after? As for right now, I have nothing planned. KCCO, its Thursday!

TVolkZV

Founding Member
Founding Member
my family and 4 other families are going to go camping on sakakawea from 1st till 5th. I cant wait!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
shopping.jpg
Wearing this

1823ce2fd84f57c7ce45abaafec7cc44.jpg
and drinking these

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every year I try to spend the 4th exercising as many constitutional freedoms as possible. In order:

1. Drink alcohol
2. Spout off about the government on NDA
3. Drink alcohol
4. Shoot guns
5. Drink alcohol
6. Refuse to allow the cop to search my car when he pulls me over
7. Exercise my right to a fair trial after I'm arrested.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Order the Prime Rib for the Bullhead Tourney.
Drink
Clean out the shop in preparation for the Bullhead Tourney.
Fish
Clean up the yard to maximize parking for participants in the Bullhead Tourney
Drink
Fish

KJND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Headed to Devils Lake for a weekend of fishing and fireworks.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
9 days at the cabin in northern MN for some much needed R&R. Might even have a drink or two.... but probably not.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right now scheduled to work. Going to try to get the 4th off and do the poker run for my buddy who was killed two years ago. Help light city fireworks that night. Drive to work Sunday with a hangover.
However, if I am able to start my new job before the 4th, I will be pleasantly intoxicated, fishing, and riding for 3-4 days (of course not intoxicated while riding, unless I am a passenger, and that has only happened once).

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wife and I are jumping on this. image.jpg Then we are going to head west into Mt and Wy. We are leaving Wednesday afternoon and coming back Sunday. Destination unknown!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plan is the same every year, since the 4th is my home towns annual celebration. Even though Mobridge's celebration just isn't what it used to be, a lot of alumni return. Its a tradition that every class has its 10, 20, 30,...etc year reunion over the 4th. Since the 4th is on a Saturday, I think it will a little better this year with people coming home. So the plan is to camp and enjoy the nightly festivities. I really enjoy seeing old classmates and teammates. Mobridge has produced some amazing people out in the world, like Olympians Bill n Jim Scherer.

I consume more alcohol over these 5 days than any other part of the year. Usually don't fish as much as just play around on the river with family n friends. The water is a meeting place, and I kind of just go with the flow. See a lot of sun rises during my life during the days around the 4th, it isn't a 1 day deal in Mobridge. I've seen and done some crazy things in my younger days over the 4th.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
At McKenzie Bay for 4 days of shenanigans, and fishing.
6yrs running.

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go out on the pontoon and a drink way to many beers
Grill steaks
Drink more beer
light off fire works while drinking even more beer

yes I know its not a good Idea to mix alcohol and fireworks

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the past, I have been going up to blacktail dam.... friend of my sisters has a cabin up there, play bean bag corn hole, eat, usually fish off the dock and catch some big bluegills in the weeds, have a few beers, then when the sun goes down, its armaggedon with fireworks...holy schitz...most people with the money buy the big fireworks and its nuts for like 3 hours...ha ha ha, just sit back, drink and watch them have at it. So if someone doesn't invite me to a fishing trip elsewhere, thats where I mostly like to head again this year, Blacktail is more of a recreational lake, than a fishing lake, as its a circus on the water with all the jet skis and pontoons, there are perch, pike and walleye, but they all small, when I say small, I mean small....lol

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
i phone 031.jpgI'm with you on that one Wrkn2hunt. Headed south don't care were we end up .

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right now scheduled to work. Going to try to get the 4th off and do the poker run for my buddy who was killed two years ago. Help light city fireworks that night. Drive to work Sunday with a hangover.
However, if I am able to start my new job before the 4th, I will be pleasantly intoxicated, fishing, and riding for 3-4 days (of course not intoxicated while riding, unless I am a passenger, and that has only happened once).

icky ;:;barf

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75