Knife Sharpening

MuleyAssassin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bismarck / Mandan area, anybody got a lead on a place to get some knives sharpened?
Thanks

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dont know in bismarck place on airport road closed he sold alot of cabinet stuff in day did saw blades, chain saws most be somebody. I have work sharp too with all belts works great

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
Bismarck / Mandan area, anybody got a lead on a place to get some knives sharpened?
Thanks
I havent used them yet, but when i bought my wusthof knives from ace hardware kitchen store they told me they do knife sharpening.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
also a fan of my worksharp. i don't think the elite was available when i got mine. or i would probably have purchased it. i tend to do all of my knives at once and the original isn't meant to run continuously. i think its rated for like 25 minutes/hour. the elite can be ran continuously and has more cutting angle options. i probably do them once a year and then like schmaltz says, just keep a steel handy and don't let it get away from you before using it.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
best sharpening steel I had was a long phillips screwdriver with no markings stamped in it. just use some emery cloth and mark lines in it from handle to tip (one direction).

I do have several other steels as well as ceramic steels and wet stones. Used to work in packing houses so I have a little experience sharpening knives.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Was gifted a set of RADA knives like 25 years ago and they came with a little steel wheel sharpener. Still have those knives just bought a few more of those sharpeners for in tackle box's and truck. Use those little sharpeners for all my other knifes, they work fine once the edge is should we say married to the knife blade. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 155
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88