Line Spooling in Bismarck

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the closing of Dakota Tackle, are there any other places in the Bismarck - Mandan area that spool line onto fishing reels?

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the closing of Dakota Tackle, are there any other places in the Bismarck - Mandan area that spool line onto fishing reels?
Man I am going to miss Dakota Tackle. Place was literally a fisherman’s dream ( yes I have weird dreams). I made every effort to make an excuse to drive through Bismarck.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wade / Dakota Tackle will be missed! Have been hoping something would fall in place to allow the Dakota Tackle tradition to continue. Have purchased the majority of my fishing supplies there over the years and have always enjoyed the experience and sharing of info with Wade & Staff! Enjoy your well deserved retirement Wade!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There’s no money in selling fishing tackle, margins suck. Land is worth the most about that business.
Hmm. What’s the average markup on rods and reels? And it’s pretty hard to compete with scheels I can imagine. Yea the dirt is most likely worth more than you could ever hope to make selling stuff that’s for sure

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know Wade really good, he was asking for the business, all inventory, buildings and land one Million dollars had one guy in for $500,000 and that has been it. He will be missed for sure. Guess land and buildings are sold when done. I will stop one more time no doubt to say my good bye.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmm. What’s the average markup on rods and reels? And it’s pretty hard to compete with scheels I can imagine. Yea the dirt is most likely worth more than you could ever hope to make selling stuff that’s for sure
Rods and reels are probably the highest profit margins other than clothing. You can only sell so many rods and reels which is why the rest of the store was tackle. Tackle profit margins is not the best which is why you see so many tackle shops close up their doors.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 155
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88