2 dead Bismarck shooting

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can not conceal carry while drinking anyway. That point has been grossly left out in the above posts.

You can conceal and carry in a bar if you are eating at an establishment that serves food and drinks. You just can’t drink while you eat.

This is just 2 idiots that broke the law regardless of constitutional carry or conceal carry.
You may want to check your facts

https://www.ndlegis.gov/cencode/t62-1c02.pdf#nameddest=62p1-02-04

62.1-02-04.
Possession of firearm or dangerous weapon in liquor establishment prohibited - Penalty -
Exceptions.
1. An individual who enters or remains in that part of the establishment set aside for the retail sale of alcoholic beverages and the consumption of purchased alcoholic beverages or used as a gaming site at which bingo is the primary gaming activity while that individual knowingly possesses a firearm or dangerous weapon is guilty of an infraction. In addition, an individual is guilty of an offense under this section for the knowing possession of a device that uses a projectile and voltage or a device that uses a projectile and may be used to apply multiple applications of voltage during a single incident in the part of an establishment set aside for the retail sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages.

2. This section does not apply to:
a. A law enforcement officer.
b. The proprietor.
c. The proprietor's employee.
d. A designee of the proprietor when the designee is displaying an unloaded firearm or dangerous weapon as a prize or sale item in a raffle or auction.
e. Private security personnel while on duty for the purpose of delivering or receiving moneys used at the liquor establishment or at the gaming site at which bingo is the primary gaming activity.
f. The restaurant part of an establishment if an individual under twenty-one years of age is not prohibited in that part of the establishment.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's absolutely not JUST the booze. I'm pretty sure nobody has said that or even implied that.

Bottom line:

If they wouldn't have been drinking/and or drunk, they would probably both still be alive right now. Anyone who can't see that, is just not trying. Period.
no no no --- you want to blame the bar. The bar will probably get sued lose liquor license you name it. Why because of people like you with conceptions. You take away my freedom of going to the elbow why because you want to blame everything else except for the individuals that pull the trigger

I drink at a bar but leave my guns at home. yes just leave the guns at home, son just leave the guns at home son. db
YES YES and more YES.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've been reading this thread and have gotten very confused. I hear pro cc but not where they were and this contradicts all cc advocates cause criminals don't obey laws. Blame the booze but majority here would never think twice about tipping a few back. We don't know the facts to this case but one thing to say for sure if they were sane, sober, morel, prudent people they might not have been in this situation. And if they were and violated the rules of stupid this is just a bad outcome. Acknowledge responsibility and treat each other as you would want to be treated.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
no no no --- you want to blame the bar. The bar will probably get sued lose liquor license you name it. Why because of people like you with conceptions. You take away my freedom of going to the elbow why because you want to blame everything else except for the individuals that pull the trigger

YES YES and more YES.

Someone is off his meds today I see....

Furthermore, at what point did I blame the bar? How am I taking away your "freedoms" by saying alcohol was more than likely a contributing factor?

Are you higher than mountain goat shit right now? Seriously.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

YES YES and more YES.

Who said you cant go to that place?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

YES YES and more YES.

No one is dismissing the illegal actions of the 2 shooters
No one is blaming the bar, I am just calling out the type of people that frequent that very establishment. Hell your friends wouldn't even go their

I believe you said you are from Fargo so tell me would you let your wife go alone to
13th Ave South Walmart around 10pm by herself ?
How about the Africa nightclub ?
How about The Windbreak ?

spinner7456

Founding Member
Founding Member
It can happen anywhere... but.. I went to the Elbow Room last winter for first time in a couple years. Totally different crowd. First thought was the ol Bucks crowd shifted down the street. Felt very out of place and on edge. Left after 1 fast drink and said id never go back. This latest event does not surprise me at all.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
It can happen anywhere... but.. I went to the Elbow Room last winter for first time in a couple years. Totally different crowd. First thought was the ol Bucks crowd shifted down the street. Felt very out of place and on edge. Left after 1 fast drink and said id never go back. This latest event does not surprise me at all.
Back when I lived in Bismarck 30 years ago the Elbow Room was a sports bar and a good place to hang out. When did it switch from that?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
No one is dismissing the illegal actions of the 2 shooters
No one is blaming the bar, I am just calling out the type of people that frequent that very establishment. Hell your friends wouldn't even go their

I believe you said you are from Fargo so tell me would you let your wife go alone to
13th Ave South Walmart around 10pm by herself ?
How about the Africa nightclub ?
How about The Windbreak ?
i was there about 6 months ago--- its a bar with a lot of youngins.

My wife does what she wants to do. She travels for her job worldwide not much she hasnt seen as to piles of shit.

Never had the opportunity to go the africa nightclub--- they stored a guys pistolas in a cooler by the door i guess. The city folks took their license just like what they will try to do in this case.

Windbreak is fun good bands.

13th ave --- the whole issue is the inventory they cant keep it -- one of the most profitable in the whole US is what i heard.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^Do you take pictures of your wife? Nudge nudge:)...Is she into photographs? She sounds like a goer!!

Last edited:

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
You may want to check your facts

https://www.ndlegis.gov/cencode/t62-1c02.pdf#nameddest=62p1-02-04

62.1-02-04.
Possession of firearm or dangerous weapon in liquor establishment prohibited - Penalty -
Exceptions.
1. An individual who enters or remains in that part of the establishment set aside for the retail sale of alcoholic beverages and the consumption of purchased alcoholic beverages or used as a gaming site at which bingo is the primary gaming activity while that individual knowingly possesses a firearm or dangerous weapon is guilty of an infraction. In addition, an individual is guilty of an offense under this section for the knowing possession of a device that uses a projectile and voltage or a device that uses a projectile and may be used to apply multiple applications of voltage during a single incident in the part of an establishment set aside for the retail sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages.

2. This section does not apply to:
a. A law enforcement officer.
b. The proprietor.
c. The proprietor's employee.
d. A designee of the proprietor when the designee is displaying an unloaded firearm or dangerous weapon as a prize or sale item in a raffle or auction.
e. Private security personnel while on duty for the purpose of delivering or receiving moneys used at the liquor establishment or at the gaming site at which bingo is the primary gaming activity.
f. The restaurant part of an establishment if an individual under twenty-one years of age is not prohibited in that part of the establishment.
Hmm, think small town though.

For example: you take your family to a small town bar. There is the “bar top” area and other seating. There is no separate section. With your family seated not at the bar and ordering food while NOT consuming alcohol, you and your family may enjoy the establishment.

And enjoy the constitutional right to protect their family while consuming food that the good lord provided.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^You may have a point! I should've taken the family into The Ranger or Arnie's!

In full disclosure I believe a family entering either place would result in a "hush" and "circle of protection".

Even in these modern times a geek can enter a bar and need help. There's a difference between being a jackass and evil:

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve been in the Elbow Room a few times lately and the place and crowd has never given me vibes that this is a place where gunfights can happen. Two incidents can be an unfortunate coincidence. If it happens again I’d call that a pattern and stay away from the place. Lol. But like I said I’ve never gotten the feeling of being unsafe in there. Ever

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As an old man who pulled the trigger in Vietnam i cannot imagine going to a bar carrying a pistol on me. Or for that matter going downtown with a pistol on me in this small town i live in. db

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's absolutely not JUST the booze. I'm pretty sure nobody has said that or even implied that.

Bottom line:

If they wouldn't have been drinking/and or drunk, they would probably both still be alive right now. Anyone who can't see that, is just not trying. Period.
probably

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was in the Corps, I spent some time in Anniston, Alabama. There was a pretty large place with 4 or 5 bars in it called DeeFords (sp?). Anyway, to get in the place they had a group of bouncers (including one of the most physically intimidating women I've ever met) pat you down before you could enter on a busy weekend. If you were carrying a gun or knife, they would take it from you and tag it with your name so you could get it on your way back out the door. This was back in the late 80s.

One can usually distinguish between the higher and lower risk venues with even the slightest of efforts. I've only been to the Elbow Room maybe 10 times in the 20 years I've lived here. And the last time was probably over a year ago, not because I felt unsafe, it just wasn't the atmosphere I enjoy nowadays.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88