Lake elevations

Watchyourownbobber

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was looking for a website to track lake elevations, mainly sak. What's everyone using? Thanks!

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking good. 1843 and rising. Should have been a great spring spawn for all fishies

Last edited:

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
is Sak walleye primarly a stock lake? or any idea of percentage of natural reproduction?

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
From a non expert.. They stock to supplement natural production some years but rely on natural. Last several years I don't think there has been any stocking. Experts, please chime in

Updated
im ill informed. Link of stocking report. They definitely have had good reproduction in some recent times plus stocking.
https://gfapps.nd.gov/reports/fisheries/FishStockingMajorWaters.pdf

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont believe they have ever stocked as heavy as they have in latter years (if i remember 4million some years)before on lake sak. In fact what other state has stocked 4million fingerlings into one lake in one year?? Over the last 20 years they did maintenance stocking - then they shut that down due to poor forage levels and low lake levels -- they delayed picking the stocking back up - as a result every other critter starting duplicating like mad - then they went and stocked heavy. 2016 they laid back some. IMO The future looks bright. I wish i lived closer and i envy you guys that live in gods country.

My next question though is when the water rises up do they get a decent hatch on the eggs that are natural. I wonder?

i gave up my armchair job.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This rising lake levels can only mean a better smelt hatch not that the lake needs anymore food. I'm not sure if more smelt hurts the summer fishing at all but it sure puts the hammer down on winter fishing.

I have heard of lots of fat in the walleyes so far this spring.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Indeed, we are just now seeing the summer rise on the Yellowstone. There is plenty of water coming in for the next few weeks!

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish Devils would have gotten more it's only up 1.5 feet since last year

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 85
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45