Lake sakakawea water levels

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what's the deal with the different numbers? Is yours based on yesterday numbers or something because that's one hell of a discrepancy .....basically the normal flow of the entire Missouri River.

Screenshot_20180526-142920.jpg

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah thus why I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how both of us can be looking at a graph from what looks to be the same agency and get two vastly different things. The dead give away if you're comparing them is just look at the flood stage on mine versus yours 53.5 for both. Hopefully mine's right because yours would definitely put some serous water down here well above the corps projections.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
one of those graphs is no doubt meant to stay in house the other was for public release ;:;rofl

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah thus why I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how both of us can be looking at a graph from what looks to be the same agency and get two vastly different things. The dead give away if you're comparing them is just look at the flood stage on mine versus yours 53.5 for both. Hopefully mine's right because yours would definitely put some serous water down here well above the corps projections.
Don't worry the corp has thing covered:;:help

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
A couple of things I always say about water. 1. The world would die without it. 2.You better take it when you get it.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rivers are not flooding out in Wyoming but many of them run into the Yellowstone basin. Hopefully they can get a break up there.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rivers are not flooding out in Wyoming but many of them run into the Yellowstone basin. Hopefully they can get a break up there.
That green is a watch not a warning but the wind river is over flood stage at this point. Definitely don't need more rain hitting the system right now or we will be getting close to the ceiling and the last thing we want them to do is let more water out of the Sakakawea or we will start flirting with sucking the smelt out.

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dean, not sure I’m following your direction here. Your graph is from Missouri river? What station? 5575’s graph is from yellowstone at Glendive. The Missouri doesnt join with the yellowstone until just above Williston so the Glendive gauge is only yellowstone numbers that 5575 posted. Unless I’m all wet here, you want to add the missouri and yellowstone together plus the little mo and that will give you your total inflow to sak.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
East of Parshall into the Makoti area has to be up over 2" of rain the past 24 hrs. Small coolies and creeks were filled up and rushing hard this morning.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lake is at 1,846.2, raising 3-4" per day. Flows are starting to ramp up now, 82,000cfs coming in.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
two plus inches the past 48 hours in the williston area also. she's gonna rise like a mofo.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33