Lake Winnipeg ice is F'd

k9guy82

Founding Member
Founding Member
NOOOOOO! Shit better fix before first week of the year....damn

Jimhardy

Hi all,
Jim from Manitoba here. lots of different comments today about Lake Winnipeg opening up, I am heading back up there tomorrow and will post a real time update for you all.
as of yesterday Chalet Beach to the mouth had 8" of ice but the middle of the lake had not frozen over and with the big winds it appears worse than it probably is
Jim

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Jim. Keep us posted as to the ice conditions. I'm sure it will get a few Kokanees purchased for you at a local bar! I'm up there the end of January and will make sure you get a couple on me!

Gator

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cannot imagine the ice being any rougher than the packed down snow trails. I spend money fixing my truck, before and after every trip.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Jim. Keep us posted as to the ice conditions. I'm sure it will get a few Kokanees purchased for you at a local bar! I'm up there the end of January and will make sure you get a couple on me!

Kokanee is fine beer.

Jimhardy

Ice has frozen where it opened up , have to be careful only 6" in those areas but with the cold weather things are freezing up nice , we had a blizzard and we could not get out of our farm for a few days so we are heading up today and will give a real time update then.
Jim

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Ice has frozen where it opened up , have to be careful only 6" in those areas but with the cold weather things are freezing up nice , we had a blizzard and we could not get out of our farm for a few days so we are heading up today and will give a real time update then.
Jim

Much appreciated.

Jimhardy

Hey Everyone,
was out the last few days and ice is good to go pretty much everywhere ( always use your common sense and do not rely on someone else to decide if it safe ) but that's what I found in all areas I drove my FJ.
access is another story, no real good access for trucks at Chalet or Warner but a block over at Ralph there is pretyy good access for trucks. tracks and sleds are pretty much good everywhere and quads are out now that some trails have been packed down. We have had lots of snow this year so far.
If anybody is needing a place to stay I just had a few cancellations , we have two winter houses close to the lake , if you know anyone please email me at jimhardy91@gmail.com.

Looking forward to meeting some of you on the ice
Jim

Jimhardy

guys my Manitoba cell number is 204-792-1053 if your ever having issues while up here from Winnipeg to the lake feel free to call me and I will do my best to connect with you or find you the right people to help you out.

Jim

Jimhardy

Hi guys , have some spots open up due to health reason cancellations , if you want to come up let me know
Jim
March 12 – 15 at the big cabin
March 27-April 4 at the big cabin

March 5-9 at the small cabin
March 13-21 at the small cabin
March 25-29 at the small cabin

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 84
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52