lasik/prk surgery

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got done getting a evaluation done and found out I can't do the lasik laser surgery.but can do the prk still laser but not as good recovery time. Anybody have the prk done and was it as big of a bitch recovering like the doc says?

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
That sucks I can't imagine it could be to much worse. But a guy never knows just grow a pair or get them back from your wife and do it.

Gator

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had this problem myself. Two weeks of healing if I remember right. I had the darkest sunglasses I could find plus cataract glasses to watch tv. Then a long time before seeing well. Wetting drops by the gallon. Checkups they would freeze my eyes and it was a moment of heaven from the pain. With that said it is doable. Over ten years later and over 40 no reading glasses, no nite vision loss, 3000.00 was well worth it.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had this problem myself. Two weeks of healing if I remember right. I had the darkest sunglasses I could find plus cataract glasses to watch tv. Then a long time before seeing well. Wetting drops by the gallon. Checkups they would freeze my eyes and it was a moment of heaven from the pain. With that said it is doable. Over ten years later and over 40 no reading glasses, no nite vision loss, 3000.00 was well worth it.

OK thats alot worse than lasik I was back to normal the same evening. Just had to use the wetting drops for a couple weeks.

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well shit...I think I'm gonna do it anyway. Scheduled for the 16th. It's gotta be better than wearing glasses or titty sprinkle dry contacts! Mine will cost just about 4000. Hope it's worth it.

Mocha

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had one eye with PRK and the other with lasik. The park took longer to heal but the vision was corrected better than the lasik.........just as the eye doctor told me it would. Very happy I had it done!

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife had PRK done up in Winnipeg over 10 years ago. Said she'd do it all over again if she had to. Recovery is a bit longer, but the long term benefits outweigh the short term hassle. You won't regret it.

Established Member
Go to northern lights Lasik in Bismarck they have the best surgeons in town

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had PRK done in '03 and still have 20/15 from a -225, got pretty worried after a month still had shitty vision but at the 6 week mark it came around. It's worth it for a full strength eye, that lasik flap can get screwed up, not PRK.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any discomfort in the eyes sounds horrific... Just sayin...

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
ok. well I think I am going in on the 8th now to get it done. I will have 8 days off of work to heal then its balls to the wall at work. you guys think that will be good enough to see decent by then?

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any discomfort in the eyes sounds horrific... Just sayin...

Oh yeah, no numbing drops for PRK, the first week sucked.

- - - Updated - - -

ok. well I think I am going in on the 8th now to get it done. I will have 8 days off of work to heal then its balls to the wall at work. you guys think that will be good enough to see decent by then?

With Lasik guys were driving a couple days after to the mandatory military checkups after the procedure but those of us that got PRK based on our MOS were SOL for more than 8 days. I had it done while stationed in Hawaii and the sun everyday was horrible, snow on the ground would be worse. I drove after a week but I damn sure shouldn't have.

Last edited:

dewey89

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had PRK done dec 2014, days 2-5 post surgery were not fun. I could have had lasik done but opted for PRK because I didn't want the flaps on my eyes. I would do it again in a heart beat. Don't be a weanie, just get it done. You'll thank yourself after you do.

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be getting it done. just blows that I will be going into an outage at work and am going to need to hopefully read prints somewhat and not be blind. (or close to it)

Gator

Founding Member
Founding Member
May want to check your company's short term disability policy before you go, I worked for a utility and they covered everything after the surgery. Just remember people seldom go blind from these surgeries.��

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, went ahead and had the prk done on tuesday. Hasn't been that bad except everything is so damn blurry. I get the bandages off the eyes on monday,they weren't ready today. Best part was that I went into surgery and couldn't see faces and when they were done I finally seen what the doc looked like! Pretty sweet.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did the surgery make your love shaft look bigger? If so I'm gonna schedule an appt monday.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33