Last year's deer tag break down

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone have the unit by unit breakdown of deer tags from last year. Seems odd how they are random numbers this year like 792 and what not.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had to search the archives a bit on the g&f site and found it. I don't have the link though. Seems odd to me to that the numbers are narrowed down like they are this year

7mmshooter

Founding Member
Founding Member
They broke it down into resident and nonresident is all. 891 resident 9 non for total of 900

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
what the hell are they doing giving out non resident deer tags right now

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member

lol it's law to give out 1% to non-residents . . . oh the pain of us 1%ers!

You think that's bad. I applied in 2F2 last year as a non-resident, there were 8 buck tags - 4 went to landowners and 4 went to outfitters, none remaining for regular applicants, probably been that way for years, which is why they likely don't publish those stats.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member

You think that's bad. I applied in 2F2 last year as a non-resident, there were 8 buck tags - 4 went to landowners and 4 went to outfitters, none remaining for regular applicants, probably been that way for years, which is why they likely don't publish those stats.

Good point, is there anything published on how many tags and what unit go to outfitters? I agree with exer, no NR deer tags and cap the number of NR waterfowlers to 5000, we have Hoeven to thank for the unlimited amount of waterfowlers we let in for the sake of economic development.

They used to have the after gratis numbers posted, am I missing something here?

Last edited:

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member

If they don't publish those stats, how did you come by them? I ask, because I'm looking at 3 different units this year and would love to see that info for the units I'm looking at.

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they don't publish those stats, how did you come by them? I ask, because I'm looking at 3 different units this year and would love to see that info for the units I'm looking at.

I emailed them and asked for a breakdown for the units I was looking at applying for. They're pretty helpful, but it's really shitty for non-residents, damn near a once in a lifetime draw in good units right now.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beating a dead horse here. But, 2E is one of the biggest units in the state. In fact 2015, you literally had a 0.0% chance of drawing a buck if you didn't own 160 acres. All 300 or so available went to gratis. I think I'm gonna take my points and head west again for the first time in 20 years.

- - - Updated - - -

And I don't know about outfitters. But, the other stats are published each year.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dad is a MN resident, but he's applying this year as an NR in ND. My hunting party is officially gone, so 2016 will be my first deer opener solo. I know his chances are basically zero of pulling a tag, and he knows that. But we still have plan to hit opener together, even if he's just there to tag along. I haven't deer hunted with my dad since I was 12. It's been 20 years too long.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member

Really you dont hunt out of state for anything???

Its a state law for one thing. I live in N.D. for 51 yrs and moved out of state. My children still live in the state and I hunt with them. Yes I would like to get a tag. But im not going to piss and moan if I dont get one.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Slow down a second, whats this business about outfitters getting tags? As in, they sell them to whoever from wherever? I wasn't aware this was taking place in ND. Is that really happening?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back before the great scrouge of deer numbers, I was able to get a resident tag for Minnesota and North Dakota at the same year. I see now that loop hole should be closed during times of despair and wow.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
bow tags, and doe tags are easy peasy to get if you are in need of big game hunting.

If you are hunting for horns, well than look for a wait

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes Outfitters get tags. When I guided in N.D. I had a outfitters lic and I could get as many as 4 tags a yr.

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Slow down a second, whats this business about outfitters getting tags? As in, they sell them to whoever from wherever? I wasn't aware this was taking place in ND. Is that really happening?

2F2 is where I applied last year and there were 8 buck tags available - 4 went to non-res landowners and 4 went to outfitters. Like I said if you're not a non-resident landowner or an outfitter, good luck getting a buck tag in the general lottery. Don't worry they still don't refund your money until Sept.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back before the great scrouge of deer numbers, I was able to get a resident tag for Minnesota and North Dakota at the same year. I see now that loop hole should be closed during times of despair and wow.

I don't think getting a resident tag in two different states has ever been legal.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 76
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31