LeBron

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is quite interesting as far as raw talent goes, yes Jordan and Kobe have it over James, however in 1 on 1 it would be a different story. You’d have to be able to play defense on the larger mass of James. I think Jordan and Kobe are quicker and could score at will, I think Jordan was defensive minded enough to play James straight up but I don’t know if Kobe is. So I see it going down as Jordan or Kobe driving past James at will and pulling up and draining jumpers. James attempts to muscle past either of them, if he’s successful then it comes down to first one to miss…and is this 1 on 1 outside court rules or inside court rules???

As much as I hate to I kinda agree. Jordan is the greatest. However 1 on 1 Lebron is bigger, taller, faster, much stronger, plays better d. Pure basketball skill Jordan, but it's hard to play when there is someone in front of you that you can't get over or around. Comparing the 2 is crap in my opinion anyway. Just like the nfl the guys now compared to 20 years ago are physical freakshows with the best training ever in all areas. Kinda like wondering if Deion Sanders could play d-back in the nfl right now. Probably not. He'd go to the combine and finish lower-middle of the pack and wouldn't even get a shot I think. Measurements and times aren't everything but they are important.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
How would Babe Ruth in today's pitchers. What I don't like about Lebron is all the I did this I did that. There is four other players out on the court. This photo pretty much sums it up

Attachments

image.jpg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Actually I think LeBron is too much of a team player. Defers to others too often. Which is why I had to give him props on this game winner.

I also agree with Brian, no point in comparing them in 1v1 setting. Rings aren't everything but they speak volumes.

I disliked how LeBron left cleveland to win a title. I like it when the greats stay put. Like Kobe, Bird, Magic, MJ, and so on.

LeBron is just too nice for me. I like the stars that have grit. I mean where are the huge rivalry's anymore?

freiday31

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't MJ win the NBA defensive player of the year award? One of 2 guards to do so? Pretty sure MJ could D-it up. Bron-Bron would be a heck of a challenge though. In their primes, one on one? I lean to MJ on pure clutchness! There can only be one GOAT, and MJ be thy name. Although from what I hear and understand, Bill Russell and Wilt were just as good and athletic as Lebron.

Last edited:

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Didn't MJ win the NBA defensive player of the year award? One of 2 guards to do so? Pretty sure MJ could D-it up. Bron-Bron would be a heck of a challenge though. In their primes, one on one? I lean to MJ on pure clutchness! There can only be one GOAT, and MJ be thy name. Although from what I hear and understand, Bill Russell and Wilt were just as good and athletic as Lebron.

Athletic yeah. But Wilt wasn't all that talented imo. Just huge. A Shaq in his day. Russell is one of the true greats in my opinion.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is quite interesting as far as raw talent goes, yes Jordan and Kobe have it over James, however in 1 on 1 it would be a different story. You’d have to be able to play defense on the larger mass of James. I think Jordan and Kobe are quicker and could score at will, I think Jordan was defensive minded enough to play James straight up but I don’t know if Kobe is. So I see it going down as Jordan or Kobe driving past James at will and pulling up and draining jumpers. James attempts to muscle past either of them, if he’s successful then it comes down to first one to miss…and is this 1 on 1 outside court rules or inside court rules???

Bill Laimbeer rules

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bill Laimbeer rules
;:;hijacked hahahahahahaha........wasn't he one of those "Bad Boys" who walked off the court without shaking hands after getting their asses handed to them? :;:cheers

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes he was and i hated the pistons worse than the fudge pack as i was(key word as nba is full of suck now) a bulls fan. But he played the game the way it was supposed to be played and have more respect for him than any of the little girls who ruined the nba playing now.

;:;hijacked hahahahahahaha........wasn't he one of those "Bad Boys" who walked off the court without shaking hands after getting their asses handed to them? :;:cheers

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes he was and i hated the pistons worse than the fudge pack as i was(key word as nba is full of suck now) a bulls fan. But he played the game the way it was supposed to be played and have more respect for him than any of the little girls who ruined the nba playing now.

ha ha ha... I was in the exact same boat - hated that bastage LameBeer back then. Now I think he was awesome. Funny how attitudes change.

I also hated how Magic Johnson would turn his 6' high butt into someone and just dribble backwards into them like a bulldozer. Geez for lame. Sadly - I still do not like Magic Johnson's style of play. I must be racist.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
For me personally, when they walked off without shaking hands defined them and I'll never respet them. I do agree with today's NBA being unbearable to watch.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
LeBron should try playing tight end in the NFL. Would be interesting to see how he does, being the specimen he is.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kind of an interesting stat: Lebron has led his team in pts, reb, and assists in 33 playoff games in his career. The most ever. The next closest is Larry Bird at 13. That's impressive.

scarecrow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm hoping he wins it all for Cleveland, that city deserves a championship. Enough of the Boston's, Miami's, LA's, and NYC's.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cleveland "deserves" a title????? ;:;rofl Any city that puts all their hopes on Bernie Kosar deserves something, but it isn't a title! :;:stirthepot

- - - Updated - - -

Referring to Bernie Kosar kinda ages me though..........:;:sorry

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93