Left Ear Fun

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last buck I'll probably shoot in this life got it's revenge, reminds me of a good hunt with the boy and a great PBZ shot. I went prone on a knoll and the shot filled my "left head" with "cotton" for about two weeks. I still voted for Romtard. Years of "raw dog" drumming, headphones and car stereos lead to the result of that shot. I often comment to folks in amazement about their inability to hear this ear ringing.

Right now it's in the background as a Christmas Miracle. It's still there: Sometimes it's so loud I want to be in a padded room. The sound is the same as an unmown field in Florida.

FYI: You can much better "hear" a concert or your drums with ear plugs. If you have to shout information into a companion's ear during loud situations; signal them to close the "earflap" with their finger. It works.

That is all:

Pretty close. Not peaceful:

Last edited:

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had it for years, it doesn’t get any better. Seems like the harder your try not to hear it the louder it gets. Hate to say it but after a while you learn to just live with it.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup. I'm seeing a supplement on TV supposed to help it some.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now getting a lot of vids on YT about the iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggggg.

Protect your eyes and ears. I wore contacts for a while and would not go in the woods without an "eye barrier" after one rabbit hunt. I don't know how you good sighted folks push brush without concern about being whipped directly in the eyeball.

My left ear is now always plugged while hunting and "protected" by the Doppler Effect. I need to get some electronic headphones as does everyone else while tech is still viable.

FWIW: This post started "loud" and now is nearly gone; it's still "there". The volume seems to increase with digestion(?)...😐

That is all.

NodakBob

Honored Member
I read caffeine increases tinnitus ( along with raising my blood sugar, diabetic)…so now I have to drink caffeine free shit coffee and no diet pop to maintain some sanity

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine is the result of a hunting buddy deciding to pull the trigger with the muzzle of his barrel inches from my ear, (young and dumb). It has effected me for close to 30 years now.

for the most part I can ignore it, however this thread bringing it up has it ring loudly

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Suprise for all the hunting I have done and around race engines my ears are good, I do feel for you all i have protection of some type for awhile now.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mine is the result of a hunting buddy deciding to pull the trigger with the muzzle of his barrel inches from my ear, (young and dumb). It has effected me for close to 30 years now.

for the most part I can ignore it, however this thread bringing it up has it ring loudly
Mine started after riding a snowmobile with no muffler. I go to sleep with the TV on or it keeps me awake. If my blood pressure is elevated it become louder. I have read, there have been people that have it so bad, that they have surgery to make them deaf.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine started after riding a snowmobile with no muffler. I go to sleep with the TV on or it keeps me awake. If my blood pressure is elevated it become louder. I have read, there have been people that have it so bad, that they have surgery to make them deaf.
Me too with the TV. I can't sleep with someone else in the room, The TV bothers them and every snort, fart and wheeze they make drives me batshit.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll still crank a car stereo (away from humans) to my detriment. I WILL NOT shoot any firearm without protection. A supersonic .22lr is dangerously cumulative like a mower.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84