LEWT Tournament Winners BUSTED!

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now they can start arresting race car drivers for cheating, and countless other sports cheats

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
How severe do you have to break the rules before you get arrested? Putting numbers on your boat motor in the wrong spot? What they did was horrendous but it’s a private competition. Demo derby guys that weld a car in the wrong spot should be arrested also?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
How severe do you have to break the rules before you get arrested? Putting numbers on your boat motor in the wrong spot? What they did was horrendous but it’s a private competition. Demo derby guys that weld a car in the wrong spot should be arrested also?
Fair point.
I think because it is fishing, and I do fishing, I say throw the book at them. haha

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The have to throw the book at them. Otherwise participation in tourneys will tank. It probably will anyway. The other thing is these guys personal safety. If they get a slap on the wrist, it might very well push some of those they betrayed to the point of seeking retribution. Not a good thing, but it's a very real possibility.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now they can start arresting race car drivers for cheating, and countless other sports cheats
IF race car drivers are knowingly modifying their cars to give them an unfair advantage, yes they could face legal penalties. How is that NOT FRAUD? Furthermore, if the money involved is high enough, the charges could be severe.

Sounds like someone should have their derby cars inspected a little better.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
IF race car drivers are knowingly modifying their cars to give them an unfair advantage, yes they could face legal penalties. How is that NOT FRAUD? Furthermore, if the money involved is high enough, the charges could be severe.

I had just heard of a cheating situation in racing. The guy had an illegal motor and won a few races with it. Once caught, he was issued a $10,000 fine for cheating. Perhaps that type of stipulation needs to go into all fishing tournaments.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

I will for a 100% fact growing up in and having a brother heavily involved in the racing community say that cheating is going on at every race all the time. There is a reason the rule books are hundreds of pages long because any light gray area will be exploited to win. Look at the people and fines handed out weekly in nascar. Its part of the game and expected and accepted as such. If you aint cheatin you aint eatin. And were not talking about races for hundreds of dollars more like 5 to 6 figure pay checks

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will for a 100% fact growing up in and having a brother heavily involved in the racing community say that cheating is going on at every race all the time. There is a reason the rule books are hundreds of pages long because any light gray area will be exploited to win. Look at the people and fines handed out weekly in nascar. Its part of the game and expected and accepted as such. If you aint cheatin you aint eatin. And were not talking about races for hundreds of dollars more like 5 to 6 figure pay checks
Are the fines issued by nascar or by a actual court? If someone is caught cheating on any little thing in nascar should they be thrown in jail?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are the fines issued by nascar or by a actual court? If someone is caught cheating on any little thing in nascar should they be thrown in jail?
By nascar and absolutely not should they be thrown in jail. Ya there are millions on the line there. In the end asphalt is for getting their dirt is for racing

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
They cheat for $100 too lol. Need to tech better at most tracks.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This is typically defined in state law with misdemeanor/felony thresholds determined by dollar amount stolen.

North Dakota Legislative Council (.gov)
https://ndlegis.gov › cencodePDF
North Dakota Century Code t12.1c23

You touched on another important point, which is that fishing tournaments are not a private event. They are conducted on public waters, utilizing public wildlife resources subject to state laws, and they are permitted by the state game management agency.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Am I the only one that thinks a simple solution would be just to record the length of the fish and see who has the most length, give up on the weights.
I could be wrong, JayKay will let us know, but I think there is a reason why those that sponsor tournaments prefer to have a weigh in. I’m not sure if it’s for beer sales or what but there must be a reason(s). The length approach would also eliminate the kill debate so it has several advantages but yet they don’t go there.

Last edited:

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
The two Cleveland anglers had been caught poaching previously and had hunting rights revoked.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80