Linking Humminbird Helix 9 up with my main motor and with Ipilot Link

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, I just want to know if anyone has a network setup on their boat that allows you to use Ipilot Link and also get engine data off your big motor?

I'm running a Helix 9 and currently have it tied in with my Ipilot Link. I'm wanting to get it set up so that I can still use the Ipilot Link and also pull data from my main motor. Main reason I want to do this is so I can keep an eye on my hours on the big motor for maintenance purposes. I did some research over on Walleye Central and a post by Jason Halfen, and by the looks of it I need the NMEA starter kit, the NMEA connector for my f200 motor, the humminbird ethernet switch, and the humminbird black box. Anyone know if this is correct? All total I'm looking at about $500+ just to be able to see the damned hours on my motor.

If this is the case I will probably just buy an older used lowrance to hook up to the big motor and put it up front for the front deck of the boat.

cfsfan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately yes you will have to buy the switch box, another either net cord, NMEA 2000 kit and harness from motor to the nmea2000 to have all on your Humminbird. trust me its not cheap as I am doing the same thing right now but for Mercury Verado to Humminbird

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ahab, I'm thinking I am just going to go the cheapass digital hourmeter route for now. I do need to add another graph to the front of the boat, maybe when I get around to doing that I will link just that one up to the big motor....

3roosters, I might just take you up on that, Are you firm on your price? :)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 234
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 55