Liquid rollers?

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When by yourself has anyone tried backing in the water and using the auto deploy like seen on that one commercial? I've always wondered if I could drop my trolling motor (Terrova) and use spot lock next to the dock while parking my truck.... maybe next time I go out with partner I'll try it

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When by yourself has anyone tried backing in the water and using the auto deploy like seen on that one commercial? I've always wondered if I could drop my trolling motor (Terrova) and use spot lock next to the dock while parking my truck.... maybe next time I go out with partner I'll try it

Last year at the beulah fishing for the current tournament someone did this.... It was a ulteraa though with the auto stow and deploy

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Done it several times with the XI5. At first was just testing the distance that the remote would activate the trolling motor.
I have went out to 80+ feet away and it still works. Anytime I was by myself I would pull up to the dock drop the trolling motor bounce out on the dock push away, run it out to 60 feet away to the side away from all the incoming boats. Easy to do and never worried about tying up a dock. I took a video but it’s pretty crappy

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
80+ feet.... see that's what I was thinking about doing as well with parking the boat about 60 ft from the dock like your saying but have no clue what the range is on my remote

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
Yep,launch it, deploy the terrosa, park it, hit the anchor button/ spot lock with boat out of the way of other ramp traffic, go Park your rig, wander back to the ramp while hitting the bathroom on the way, talk with other fishermen, call up your boat, hop in, stow the terrosa, then start pulling in 12 pound walleyes! And pray everything works.
I personally haven’t had the guts to do this, st least not yet!

- - - Updated - - -

I think I’d want a bit of an onshore breeze or other boats in the area. Just 8n case. If something can go wrong, eventually it will, and at the worst possible moment!

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a buddy who has a boat like carvdogs he put Teflon on his bunks for the same reasons, if it wasn't for leaving the safety chain on it would have been parked on the ramp.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
just had a drone drift - splash gone --- dont trust gps all the time

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a buddy who has a boat like carvdogs he put Teflon on his bunks for the same reasons, if it wasn't for leaving the safety chain on it would have been parked on the ramp.

Works that good? People on here may think I'm crazy (I did play goalie in hockey and still do in men's league, so I may actually be..) but I like having it roll right off... I hate giving it throttle to get on or off I always feel like the mud and sand I'm kicking up is ruining my impeller.... Plus when I took my boating course exam (yes I took one online for the hell of it... Finished the online class on my Kindle fire while my wife was going into labor at the hospital ;:;rofl) it said that throttle at the boat ramp was a no no cuz it can eventually erode away the ramp ... Or something like that ...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
don’t apply that on the bunks in your garage or driveway
slicker than heck when the concrete gets wet

and don’t breath that crap in

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator

I watched a guy do this a few weeks ago. Then, I happened to be loading at the same time as him, and watched him get off at the dock, steer it away from the dock a bit with the remote, set it to anchor mode, back his truck in, and use the remote to bring the boat over to the dock to pick himself back up, get in the boat and drive on the trailer.

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My question is what happens to spot lock mode when you walk away out of range.... Does it stay in spot lock mode ???

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
It Stays in Spot lock. I was a few hundred yards away one day at Newtown marina. It will stay that way until the batteries on the trolling motor die

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88