Livescope mount

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure there has been a thread on this already but what is everyone running for a pole mount? I want this be be as portable as possible. i currently have the summit pole and shuttle set up and was going to get the boat mount for the summit pole. I also recently bought the 72 inch brew city but am not sure that is what I want to go with due to it being so damn long. I need to be able to put this on my toon also. I also want to use this for pitching jigs, pulling cranks/bouncers and trolling salmon in the fall. I guess another question would be is it even worth messing with when trolling? Would it even provide a big enough benefit for that application? THANKS!!

leier12

Cut the brew city pole down to the size you would like. Unless you use some different mounting system for the summit pole, it doesnt work that great in a boat if you plan on moving around at all. Even at 1mph the pole will start rising out of the water.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I modified the summit pole connecting it to PVC pipe that slides into a Scotty rod holder with a pin to secure it. That anchored the pole better. Pull the pin, slide the mount out, bring it in the boat, and go. The C size ram mount can’t handle that much torque.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I modified the summit pole connecting it to PVC pipe that slides into a Scotty rod holder with a pin to secure it. That anchored the pole better. Pull the pin, slide the mount out, bring it in the boat, and go. The C size ram mount can’t handle that much torque.
Do you happen to have pictures you could share?

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
A lot of guys run the Brew City pole. I would say it is the most common high end pole, and Summit would be the most common budget pole.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone tried the TKI pole in the summer out of a boat? Seems to be in the middle of a summit pole and the brew city.

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
C mount... is that the 1.5" ball? I've been looking at building my own pole out of PVC, but was worried if the 1.5" would be able to handle trolling speeds.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
C mount... is that the 1.5" ball? I've been looking at building my own pole out of PVC, but was worried if the 1.5" would be able to handle trolling speeds.
Yup c size is 1.5”

Summit just came out with a stabilizer plate that holds the pole steady to 8 mph. If it works the biggest downside to the summit pole is fixed.

Some people I’ve heard are using fiberglass paint sticks. If you have a 3D printer it would be easy to make your own pole

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77