• Yes

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is the LVS-34 transducer that much better than the LVS-32 for garmin livescope?

This will be my first live sonar and I'm stuck between benefits over cost between the 2 transducers

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not in my opinion. The 32 shows fish very well. The 34 is better, don't get me wrong, but the 32 does the job just fine.

It seems like I use mine to help me ride the edge of a shelf, or to find dropoffs and other grade changes more than anything.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I now see that the 32 and Blackbox is on sale at cableas for $1000 bucks. Might just have to pull the trigger for that price

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Depends how you use it. I use mine to target individual fish and do a lot more casting than trolling and find the 34 to be far superior for that than my 32 was.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ran my 34 all winter next to a friend who has the 32. Definite difference in the ability of the 34 to see fish much further out. Don't get me wrong, a 32 gets you on fish and any type of live sonar is better than not having it. However, when we wanted to go searching we used mine.

YCbtx

Here is my 2 cents....I have been in the boat running both the 32 (mine) and the 34 (not mine) at the same time. In depths up to 60ft for walleye, there is a maybe a little bit of a difference in the down view between the two (the 34 is a little clearer). Out on Ft Peck fishing lakers, the 34 kicked my 32's butt last summer in 90 to 120 feet in the down view option. On the ice out there for lakers, there really was no difference but we were a lot shallower. Here is where I saw the biggest difference between the two...in perspective mode this spring pitching jigs for walleyes, the 34 was way more detailed than my 32. I honestly have not used either in forward view very much, so I cant comment on that, but based on the difference in perspective, I would anticipate the forward to be better. These observations were made side by side in the same boat at the same time. If you are just buying mainly for ice fishing, then the 32 is everything you would need....if you are going to try and use it to pick out fish and cast/target them or fish deep water for lakers or other fish, I would look at the 34.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is my 2 cents....I have been in the boat running both the 32 (mine) and the 34 (not mine) at the same time. In depths up to 60ft for walleye, there is a maybe a little bit of a difference in the down view between the two (the 34 is a little clearer). Out on Ft Peck fishing lakers, the 34 kicked my 32's butt last summer in 90 to 120 feet in the down view option. On the ice out there for lakers, there really was no difference but we were a lot shallower. Here is where I saw the biggest difference between the two...in perspective mode this spring pitching jigs for walleyes, the 34 was way more detailed than my 32. I honestly have not used either in forward view very much, so I cant comment on that, but based on the difference in perspective, I would anticipate the forward to be better. These observations were made side by side in the same boat at the same time. If you are just buying mainly for ice fishing, then the 32 is everything you would need....if you are going to try and use it to pick out fish and cast/target them or fish deep water for lakers or other fish, I would look at the 34.
I agree with your assessment in deep water with down mode. I, however, use forward mode almost exclusively to ice fish, even when I've got fish below me. You can adjust how far "backwards" it to see more of what's below you, but most importantly to me forward mode allows me to see where the school is moving with a turn of the pole. In forward mode there is a SIGNIFICANT difference in target separation and how far away you can see fish. Side by side many times with a 32 and it was a hands-down win for the 34.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Next level of Livescoping....

https://www.outdoorlife.com/fishing...bhYFfQ0bh3QGkU4r-aRMC6vV0rC1DJgtn6-MPIQTZImMY

1709010198382.png

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73