Livescope Accessories

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I posted a "Deal Alert" over Black Friday about Livescope All Season Bundle with the new LSV34 transducer. Bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on it. Wow, what a fun experience on the ice straight out of the box! I've learned more about fish behavior in a lake I've fished for years in one day than I ever expected.

Now I'm curious about any accessories you feel are "must haves" I've seen aftermarket poles, mounts, etc and want to know what/why you added something to your LIvescope.

TIA

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
We bought one toward the end of the season last year. The one for sure upgrade is going to be a lithium battery. The current lead acid battery only lasts about 6 hours. I have also been looking into a different pole, but haven't decided which route I want to go yet. A lot of people are going to a custom shuttle, but I kind of like the shuttle it comes with so I can zip it all up to protect everything a little better.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I began with the Garmin ice bundle, sold that after one year.

I then bought the summit XL shuttle, bag, ice pole, and protective cover for the transducer.

I’m running a GPSMAP 1243 XSV, LVS 32 transducer with an amped outdoors 48 AH lithium battery.

I’ve been running this setup for 2 seasons

Summit ice pole- adjustable depth and ability to remove the transducer to store on your bag. Also gives you the option of easily switching over to prospective mode for shallow water.

Summit Protective cover- protects your transducer from being scratched which I’m told can affect your reading/picture.

I haven’t added the hours up yet, but I believe I can get 2 full days of use with the 48AH battery running a 12” screen.

This has been my livescope experience

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I should add that a master switch is important as well. There appears to be a draw on the battery with the factory Garmin ice bundle. A buddy of mine charged his up, didn’t make it out until 2 weeks later. When he turned his on, the graph was showing 8 volts.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
2F8FE2D3-D0CC-4171-8024-6EA8E9607929.jpeg

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Livescope really is incredible and tells you so much more about how the fish are acting down there.

I run mine on a tactigrip shuttle, which took much longer to build than it should have, but I liked their shuttle more because the cords come out of the GLS10 black box at the top, whereas the summit comes out on the bottom. Personal preference for me.

I run an 18AH amped outdoors battery and can get a full day out of it on the ice and of course its WAY lighter.

The summit pole is a must... so much faster to start fishing.

I will be buying the transducer protector, but currently just throw a wool sock over it everytime I'm moving around.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for all the replies guys! The bundle I bought came with a 30 AH Amped Outdoors battery to go with the lead acid it comes with standard so should be good there (running 93sv UHD). Sounds like I should look into a Summit pole and then investigate shuttles - though so far the one that came with it seems to do the job. Probably look into a master switch as well to avoid ghost draw.

Do you guys run Perspective Mode much? If so, what applications? I would have to buy a mount for it or upgrade to the Summit Pole, but it has piqued my curiosity....

Was searching for crappie suspended over deeper water on day 1.....not crappie but really fun to see what was going on!

Attachments

20221211_104734.jpg 20221211_092650.jpg
Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats, they are fun for sure going on my 3rd year. I also have the summit pole, i see brew city has a new more compact model.
I want to get the arc lab shuttle, just upgraded to the 12 inch 1243 graph. Main reason was for the hdmi out.
I also bought a nice padded transducer protector.
And I use a Stowaway mount in my boat.
The 12 is big, right now it kinda fits in my scheels big buddy heater bag. Probably get a summit xl bag if they ever have them available again. I bought a garmin screen cover for my 93 graph.
This new setup is fricken heavy though even with a lithium battery.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have never tried perspective mode. I will say that I prefer down view forward rather than straight down view because you can adjust how far away you want to be able to see.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s everyone using for shuttles for their livescope system? Right now I have everything mounted on a milk crate which works fine (and saving me $200+) for ice fishing but would like an actual shuttle for the boat season.

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
I should add that a master switch is important as well. There appears to be a draw on the battery with the factory Garmin ice bundle. A buddy of mine charged his up, didn’t make it out until 2 weeks later. When he turned his on, the graph was showing 8 volts.
I've never had that issue with mine.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s everyone using for shuttles for their livescope system? Right now I have everything mounted on a milk crate which works fine (and saving me $200+) for ice fishing but would like an actual shuttle for the boat season.
There are a lot of different versions out there, so it really comes down to price point for the buyer. The upper-level leaders seem to be ArcLab and Summit (shuttle not pole). Summit used to build a 3d printed shuttle that I currently run and love it, and the price point was far better than the current CNC machined version.
The FinGear tech shuttle is also a nice unit and their stuff is quality built. Beyond that, I really am not sure what exists out there for the budget minded individuals.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been considering moving mine into a 30qt engel drybox/cooler. I think the 19qt would be a bit on the small side but would be a better option depending on screen size

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are a lot of different versions out there, so it really comes down to price point for the buyer. The upper-level leaders seem to be ArcLab and Summit (shuttle not pole). Summit used to build a 3d printed shuttle that I currently run and love it, and the price point was far better than the current CNC machined version.
The FinGear tech shuttle is also a nice unit and their stuff is quality built. Beyond that, I really am not sure what exists out there for the budget minded individuals.
Fin gear is about $300, summit about $220, arc lab $200 , you would think someone could make one out of plastic for $100 and fill that void in the market

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been considering moving mine into a 30qt engel drybox/cooler. I think the 19qt would be a bit on the small side but would be a better option depending on screen size
Does the black box get hot at all if in an insulated cooler?

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Garmin 126 depth finder with transducer is on sale at cabelas right now for $1500. Today you get 10% off if a club card member and 3x points so now is a great time to upsize that screen!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84