Lottery

Tinesdown

Thats to many points to be throwing at 3f1 the unit is a fair odds with 2 points. Best mule ground in that unit is around white butte.
Thats to many points to be throwing at 3f1 the unit is a fair odds with 2 points. Best mule ground in that unit is around white butte.
Hunted that unit in 2016 whitetail buck good numbers around bowman haley but get ran off the public first weekend imo. Going further east just remembering how wide open that land is north of regent very little cover besides the winding creek bottoms with buck brush. Saw deer in the crp but not much of it around back then.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
3 muzzleloader tags and a rifle thus far in the group with some gratis tags..almost half a century in points built up for muzzleloader between 3 of us.🤮 15 years flies by too damn fast!

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing for me. Stick n string will be it for me this year in ND. Got two elk hunts lined up in MT and WY though. Sucks paying out of state fees but ND deer numbers are getting worse and I don't see any recovery in site. I know...Debbie downing

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe us fellers should just get together and shoot in some of the simulators around the different towns and buy beef with any winnings a guy may win. Perhaps may change things??? Just a thought. Them damn simulators can be fun!

Tinesdown

Maybe us fellers should just get together and shoot in some of the simulators around the different towns and buy beef with any winnings a guy may win. Perhaps may change things??? Just a thought. Them damn simulators can be fun!
Thats bs bud tryin to play a fool

Tinesdown

Nothing for me. Stick n string will be it for me this year in ND. Got two elk hunts lined up in MT and WY though. Sucks paying out of state fees but ND deer numbers are getting worse and I don't see any recovery in site. I know...Debbie downing
My area actually has up and coming deer many 4.5 year olds this year if they are still living. This unit has 1200 bow hunters so they kill a few. People with the bow tags are good hunters. Alot of em kill whitetails every year.

Tinesdown

nahhh..options man options.
Yeah an we could all end up being the types of dudes that troll for the women in bars. But some can take alot of pride in hunting and avoid the drama. I probably hunt to much but wouldnt want it another way. I spend alot of my free time chasing whitetails whether it be bow gun.Summer Scouting is here terrible mosquitos but that is the norm. Deer should have incredible antler growth with the rain. From my experince whitetails will be 95% antler growth by july 4th

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Section lines are public land if you hear one going up for closure, show up at the county commissioners meeting and tell them that you may want to drive down that section line at some point. I've done it and it worked, section line stayed open. The farmer was pissed but I am tax paying public just like he is and it's only one against one.
You pay taxes, and your taxes support his subsidies. They pay little in income tax while the salary stiff with no way to hide his income takes the full brunt of taxes. It's greed that makes them take then stiff us, even while asking for our support. It's so disappointing that the symbiotic relationship we once had is gone.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You pay taxes, and your taxes support his subsidies. They pay little in income tax while the salary stiff with no way to hide his income takes the full brunt of taxes. It's greed that makes them take then stiff us, even while asking for our support. It's so disappointing that the symbiotic relationship we once had is gone.
Something to consider, they pay little in income tax because they buy stuff and write it off. A lot of that money goes to support the local salary stiff that provides new equipment, trucks, seed, maintenance, etc. in turn helping to put food on their table. However, the farm subsidy program is another matter, I would agree it needs a major overhaul.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drew the only tag in our group. It should be a quick season if I can find a decent buck right away.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the lack of deer running on the landscape is it time the G&F starts looking at limiting the youth antlerless tags....yes I said it. Sorry, got to start saving the does if the herd has a chance at recovering. Look at what Wyoming did after the 2023 winter.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the lack of deer running on the landscape is it time the G&F starts looking at limiting the youth antlerless tags....yes I said it. Sorry, got to start saving the does if the herd has a chance at recovering. Look at what Wyoming did after the 2023 winter.
I agree. I don’t think 11 yr olds need to be shooting deer with rifles . Even with supervision. But why is the gf issuing mule deer doe tags …. Dumb . Any doe tags …. Cut them all for a few years

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I agree. I don’t think 11 yr olds need to be shooting deer with rifles . Even with supervision. But why is the gf issuing mule deer doe tags …. Dumb . Any doe tags …. Cut them all for a few years
I have a hard time believing sportsman want to limit youth hunters from shooting does. How can sportsman be so selfish.

Both MN and S.D. let nonresident youth Deer hunting. In MN they can shoot Buck and Does. I know S.D. let's Does be shot, And N.D. doesn't let nonresidents hunt during the youth season. N.D. the deer numbers will never go up as there is no habitat out there anymore. It's not the hunters killing them all. It's going down from lack of habitat and predators. Back in the late 90's and 2000's till about 2014 the Deer numbers were way up because there was lots of CRP. Then the CRP went away and the deer number started to drop.

Give me a Break, youth hunters killing to many Does.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 222
  • This month: 151
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 70