Lowrance Elite 7 hdi

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Just got my Elite 7. It's not top of the line but I am hoping it will do the job.

Anyone have any experience with this unit? Like it? Hate it?

Attachments

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_1619.jpg IMG_1622.jpg IMG_1627.jpg

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a few friends that run it and I think they like it. I run a humminbird now in hopes of eventually getting another one for the bow and splurging on autopilot. Who knows though. I hear motorguide and lowrance team up pretty well.

Attachments

brute.jpg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I'm not a fan of motorguide. I was thinking of doing the same as you, but I found a new Elite 7 for $430, and couldn't pass it up.
Worst case scenario, if I upgrade to auto-pilot, I'll just move the Elite 7 to the back or sell it or something along those lines.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
this will be the second year with the elite7 i liked it the few times i got to go. This year it will be put to use alot more now i am done building a house.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
this will be the second year with the elite7 i liked it the few times i got to go. This year it will be put to use alot more now i am done building a house.

I feel your pain. I just built a new house as well. Still have basement and interior of garage to do, but will likely be winter projects.

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also found an Elite-7 hdi on Amazon for $430. Included the downscan transducer. Only used it twice so far but it's a huge improvement over my old Hummingbird. Still need to learn how to use more of the features. I built a small box to hold a small 12V battery and mounted the Elite on the top of the box so I can move it around the boat. The transducer is mounted on my Minnkota trolling motor. That setup seems to work good so far. The only drawback so far is that when you are trolling into waves and the front of the boat is bobbing up and down the screen shows each bob as a bump on the bottom. Doesn't lose contact with the bottom but it makes reading structure difficult. Didn't anticipate that problem. Having the transducer mounted in the normal place would probably eliminate that problem as the back of the boat stays more level. The downscan is awesome. You can see individual trees and tell when you are getting into weed beds and moss.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
You still get the bobbing when the ducer is on the transom. Just an issue that you have to account for.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76