Math Is Racism

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The left is so far gone they've become a complete joke. Both my parents were Democrats and my dad was a paratrooper and fought in Korea. He would be considered far right now.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The left is so far gone they've become a complete joke. Both my parents were Democrats and my dad was a paratrooper and fought in Korea. He would be considered far right now.
Sort of same here. Without going into details it's like "retarded football team loyalty".

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
The claim that math is racist stems from the observation that there are racial disparities in math performance, with certain groups, particularly black and Hispanic students, often performing lower than their white and Asian counterparts. This has led some to argue that the way math is taught and the subject itself perpetuate systemic racism.

Proponents of this view point to several factors. They argue that math curricula often ignore the contributions of non-Western cultures, thereby devaluing the mathematical knowledge of these groups. They also suggest that traditional math teaching methods, such as focusing on memorization and standardized testing, disadvantage students from marginalized communities who may not have the same resources or educational background.

Furthermore, some critics argue that the emphasis on "objective" mathematical truth can reinforce a belief in a single, universal way of understanding the world, which they see as a form of cultural imperialism. They advocate for a more inclusive approach to math education that incorporates diverse perspectives and acknowledges the cultural and historical context of mathematical knowledge.

However, it's worth noting that these views are highly controversial. Many educators and mathematicians argue that math itself is a universal language that transcends cultural and racial boundaries. They contend that the disparities in math performance are more likely due to socioeconomic factors and educational inequalities, rather than inherent biases in the subject of math.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
All that bullshit in your 1st 3 paragraphs can be disproven due to the success these same students have in successful charter schools. When you have schools with class discipline, structure, and no fluffy bullshit, they perform just fine.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is probably the best explanation which nobody wants to acknowledge...
1000004640.jpg

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can say when I graduated HS (2003) and entered was in college (2004-2005) I was terrible at math. Trust me it was not for lack of trying either, I just flat out suck at certain types of math so bad that one of my math classes was basically HS level algebra and trig and I still barely passed. I was in school for Land Surveying and Civil Engineering, overall I made it through and developed a pretty good career out of it until I moved to something different. Over time I got pretty decent at math but the main thing that helped me was the technology I had access to, what I did is learn how to make the technology work for me and learn how to check my work instead of assuming the tech was right.
I'm heavily Norwegian and went to a public school that in my opinion had some (not all) bad math teachers

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I realized math is just a language that describes the real world it got easier for me. Some classes were still a pain.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 154
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 52