migration 23

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some snows around but hardly any honkers. They must be up north yet

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every thing is back open down here covered up in birds. Hunted over east the last four days and birds every where there to

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya we were covered up in snows and mallards this weekend. Many sloughs open up at least part way. Think its going to be one of those seasons where birds are hanging around and hunters doing well then a big freeze or snow and it'll be over in a night.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya we were covered up in snows and mallards this weekend. Many sloughs open up at least part way. Think its going to be one of those seasons where birds are hanging around and hunters doing well then a big freeze or snow and it'll be over in a night.
We hunted that clark area and the hard part was picking witch feed to try. It was like the days back in the late 90's early 2000's around there good to see.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
We setup south of dam at Sakakawea inND they are thick as black birds new cut corn field was loaded that night next morning, we were ready light fog they just flew over till noon all heading west. One of those days well over 500 decoys of all types. Snow melting big time and warming up maybe they will stay still a lot crops up is issue.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear nothing left up in Canada except for big water. Not much down in Nebraska yet. Saw one big flock of snows but most birds must still be up north

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just had a juvie snow fall out of the sky at my house. Bird flu starting to hit all over. Dog is sitting on the deck waiting for more birds to come out of no where.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is the bird flu thick again this year? It was bad late season last year. We found a half chewed in still alive goose in the middle of the prairie a week or so ago. Bird flu was what I figured.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is the bird flu thick again this year? It was bad late season last year. We found a half chewed in still alive goose in the middle of the prairie a week or so ago. Bird flu was what I figured.
I have heard its starting to show up. Have not seen any around here yet but guessing it will as they are pilled up every where. Im guessing thats what it was for it just to come out of the sky and land in the field by my house. It acted funny when the dog chased it down and brought it back

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
duck hunting took a turn for the shit with that first blizzard. i think the northern birds flew right through and some locals stayed. best i can tell, we never got a northern push. if you watch the bird tracking radar site from october 27, that definitely appears to have been the case.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes northern nd got about 32 days of snow and ice free duck hunting, big water keeping a few around.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have heard its starting to show up. Have not seen any around here yet but guessing it will as they are pilled up every where. Im guessing thats what it was for it just to come out of the sky and land in the field by my house. It acted funny when the dog chased it down and brought it back
I saw on social media of some lady in Jamestown cuddling a juvenile snow because it showed up in her yard and wouldn't move. She was trying to find someone to take care of it. She mentioned that she was going to take it to the vet to get checked out.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
North central Nebraska here...You guys up north still have all of the waterfowl...whether it is in SD or ND. Only thing we have around are the birds that have been here all summer. Not sure if I missed the crane migration or if they haven't came through yet either. Two different days I did hear a few cranes, but not as many as I usually do the end of October/first of November.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20231113_110353_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231113_110342_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231113_110334_Chrome.jpg

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not so sure about that. As far as ducks go, we appear to only have locals that sat out the blizzard. We've seen no northern push yet. The above is from the day after our October blizzard. I think more birds migrated 1200 miles than we originally thought.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw on social media of some lady in Jamestown cuddling a juvenile snow because it showed up in her yard and wouldn't move. She was trying to find someone to take care of it. She mentioned that she was going to take it to the vet to get checked out.
Haha the dog brought this one to me neck rung and in a garbage bag in the dumpster. Now he sits on the deck waiting for birds to fall out of the sky

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84