Montana big game draw results

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
What'd y'all apply for ? Just tags or permits ? I'm in for the big combo plus elk permit with 6 points

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is my first year applying, I applied for the big game combo and an elk permit.

Which permit ? The big game combo should be high draw % , good luck on your permit . I applied in the breaks . Gonna most likely take 9 or more points but never know

m77hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I applied for a permit south of Butte (340-10) since that’s where my brother lives and where we’ll be hunting out of. The odds aren’t bad for that one and the only real benefit is I could take a cow during any part of the rifle season, not just the first week.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gst and fritz want tags to be bought directly from landowners, and also they would like a thank you for feeding you. People forget that sometimes

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wednesday I believe they will be posted. I had a call into their hotline last week- automated message said draw today- post by Wednesday.

Fingers Crossed

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Results are out. Denied for big-game combo.

Did u buy a pref point at time of application ? That was a fatal mistake by a guy I know . We went 5/5 on big game combos in our group and all applied separately but we all bought the pref point . I can't wait ! Is it fall yet

Did u buy a pref point at time of application ? That was a fatal mistake by a guy I know . We went 5/5 on big game combos in our group and all applied separately but we all bought the pref point . I can't wait ! Is it fall yet

I did not. But I know 5 guys that drew that also did not buy the preference point. Rolled the dice and just had bad luck I guess. Try to pick one up off the alternate list.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did not. But I know 5 guys that drew that also did not buy the preference point. Rolled the dice and just had bad luck I guess. Try to pick one up off the alternate list.

Ok . Good luck . I'd guess you'll get one on alternates list , last year a guy coulda bought one in November in fact they never sold all the big game combos , there was a dozen or so on the surplus list first week of November still . Good luch

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm just going to buy an elk permit point this summer. Probably antelope as well with how the winter is going over there.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm just going to buy an elk permit point this summer. Probably antelope as well with how the winter is going over there.

I have enough points (4) to draw region 7 antelope but I am also just gonna buy a point and hope next year is better for them

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was unsuccessful in the General Deer draw. I guess if a guy wants a shot- he needs to pony up the $50 for the preference point on top of the already ridiculous deer tag cost. I think I am over this Montana thing- time to look elsewhere.

Good news is now I have a fat refund coming to put towards a nice 20 Gauge over under. Silver linings...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33