Montana Train Derailment

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
A tank of sodium hydrosulfide was in danger of falling in. Sounds like they got it emptied before it became an issue. Only saw that on one news source.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A locomotive weighs..let's say 200 tons or more each. More than likely there was more than one. Didn't collapse with those suckers going over it. My money still on derailment then hit the bridge with the impact of the cars shifting the upright...could be wrong though. To me if it was going to shift and collapse the locomotives would have cause that. I believe the cars are around 120 tons or around there so substantialy lighter then the locomotives.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes, more regulations would prevent these! LOL.
It probably would have…just like the east Palestine derailment or the Boeing crashes that killed a good number of people..I am not for regulating a company that can regulate themselves….sometimes they can’t self regulate.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s been flooding pretty bad the last month too. Piers don’t bend over like that for no reason
Flooding out along the upper Yellowstone? Ehh, not so much:

1712930713606.png

The above peak equals roughly 2,000 CFS at the peak, which is WELL below flooding. Because, like us, they have been much warmer than normal this winter, the water levels are slightly above normal for this period, but that's only because they are losing their snow early. They won't likely get into flood category this spring without significant rains over the coming weeks.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Flooding out along the upper Yellowstone? Ehh, not so much:

1712930713606.png

The above peak equals roughly 2,000 CFS at the peak, which is WELL below flooding. Because, like us, they have been much warmer than normal this winter, the water levels are slightly above normal for this period, but that's only because they are losing their snow early. They won't likely get into flood category this spring without significant rains over the coming weeks.
The OP is from last year. '24 data doesn't matter.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84