Moon Phases and Walleye

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know kdm . I'm thinking it's equations like that , that made jig-em-up-josh math come to life .

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I follow the thought that before a storm there is always high pressure, as the storm nears the pressure soars. It creates a feeding frenzy in animals because they don't know how long the storm will last. I get pretty I depth with it (and have convinced a few really seasoned and much older than me) of it. I can usually tell you exactly, and I do mean exactly, when the bite will be the best and when it will totally die.

The guy I went with to winnipeg this year is an absolute believer now. I called each day to the hour. He is convinced now because we fished all day for a week, never gave up all day long. He told me at the beginning of the week that he was gonna prove me wrong by weeks end. Instead we spent the whole 8 hour ride home talking about how I perseeved what was happening and why.

I guess in a nut shell, if the pressure is over 30 and moving up you are gonna have a good day....well, it's so much more than that!

if you want to know more than pm me your number and I will give you a shout. I am gonna be really busy this weekend but would love to share my thoughts on it with you.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well said Sub_ELect, pressure also affects the fish in different depths as well as wind direction even when on the ice. The guides use the pressure as well; they adjust the depth of locating fish in reference to the pressure. Sunny, cloudy, rainy, or bitter cold it doesn’t matter if the pressure is right. The best is steady pressure over any duration of time and a good breeze from the northwest.

Why is fishing better when the wind is coming from the northwest? The answer being band of low pressure which makes the fish more active during a transition of steady pressure to high pressure is key to targeting in what depth to check for active fish. The moon phases doesn’t only effect during dark hours but also during the day light hours of the duration of that day. Like I said before, the guides use pressure reading as well to find active fish in what depth of water.
I have never really found it beneficial during open water season because I fish Devils Lake.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82