My Gordon Setter Merc Passed

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had to put my 13.5 year old Gordon Setter, Merc to sleep last week. It sucks. He a was great hunter and even better buddy who loved fishing. I knew this was coming as about a year ago he was diagnosed with bladder cancer and put on Piroxicam.

Anyways, I filled the prescription a week before he passed and have a whole bottle and no dog. I called a few shelters/rescues and the vet to see if I could donate and no one wanted the stuff. I was able to donate his heartworm to the shelter.

If you have a dog on piroxicam feel free to message me and I'm happy to give you Merc's piroxicam.

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear of your buddy's passing. Merc is now pain and cancer free.

Losing a dear friend.jpg

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah man Auggie,so sad....im still grieving about my boi who passed away November 13th,new pup helps this sting somewhat ,it's never easy,after 5 doggos over 55 years it still hurts each one was so special.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can relate lost my short hair of 15 and a half at the end of April and my wiemerimer at age 16 and a half at the beginning of July. Knew it would be close as the were inseparable but still me and the Boxer are still reeling. Hard to adjust but my sympathy to you and your loss

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you everyone for the comments; it's much appreciated. I want to make sure that you saw, I'm trying to give away the Piroxicam. If your dog takes it or if you know someone who does let me know.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
sorry to hear 13.5 years is a hell of a run for a bird dog. i remember when i was young i saw a picture of a gordon in outdoor life and thinking that is a bird dog.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you everyone for the comments; it's much appreciated. I want to make sure that you saw, I'm trying to give away the Piroxicam. If your dog takes it or if you know someone who does let me know.
Sorry for losing your dog. I still get in my feelings about my old dogs they are always around it seems. I will be around a lot of dog people this weekend and do some checking.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88