My moose.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a couple of pics of my moose. Put on over 1800 miles while hunting over the course of 10 days in M11 from Minot to near Williston and on down through Garrison. Only to find this guy 3 miles from my parents' place. :ROFLMAO:

Moose-1.jpg
Moose-2.jpg

Yep, I know there are bigger ones out there, but this one was available and I was ready to be done.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any suggestions or ideas on what a guy can do with a tanned moose hide?

I had my elk hide tanned (hair on) and used it to make a soft-sided case for my muzzleloader. I think it turned out really well.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Any suggestions or ideas on what a guy can do with a tanned moose hide?

I had my elk hide tanned (hair on) and used it to make a soft-sided case for my muzzleloader. I think it turned out really well.
I’d make a shirt out of it and wear it out and about ….especially when my wife and daughter were with.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The shot, while I didn't measure it, would have been roughly 90-110 yards. Which was perfect since I had been practicing between 60 and 100 yds. The old lead ball and patch being pushed by black powder is kinda finicky. My accuracy, especially elevation falls off quickly past 100 yds. Windage is still pretty good (8-10 inches L-R), but elevation is trickier.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any particular reason you used the black powder, just because, or ?

I'm getting bored with rifle hunting, it's just too easy to sit back and shoot things at 300-500 yds, so a little challenge helps keep it interesting.

Well, that and I can't draw a damn ML deer license, so I needed a large target to shoot at in the meantime for practice.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 412
  • This month: 188
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 66