NAFA SALE!!! Time to make some money!!!............maybe.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
wow, that seems odd you had so many semis??

i think out of the last sale, i sold 33 and ony 6-7 were semi's. and i hunt mostly east of you.

o'well guys, lets just be happy they are what they are.

and just think, i used to let them lay where i killed em. have left many for the buzzards;:;banghead

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM, how many of yours went Heavy? The more the better, that's where you see the big jump in prices.

I think all of mine went heavy. I don't see any highlighted lot number lines on anything other than heavy. Am I wrong on this??

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
wow, that seems odd you had so many semis??

i think out of the last sale, i sold 33 and ony 6-7 were semi's. and i hunt mostly east of you.

o'well guys, lets just be happy they are what they are.

and just think, i used to let them lay where i killed em. have left many for the buzzards;:;banghead

I thought so too, normally I only have 20-25% semi's. But it is what it is, still better than when I use to sell them on the carcass for little to nothing.;:;badidea

I think all of mine went heavy. I don't see any highlighted lot number lines on anything other than heavy. Am I wrong on this??

Sounds like you're right, if they are all highlighted blue in the heavy catalog, then they are all heavies. :;:cheers

coyotetrapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the farther south you go there will be more semi-heavy. My line is within 5 miles of the Canadian border in NW ND. I get some semi-heavy but I think they are mostly young ones that don't have the under fur development.

coyotetrapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just found this out but if you go and click on Current Auction Sales Summary on NAFA website there is an option to download data. You can see some presale estimates of what your fur is worth. I can't believe I never noticed it before. :)

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I first noticed it on the March sale, I think they just started doing that. It's pretty cool though, and last sale my coyotes sold for higher than their estimates.

coyotetrapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I first noticed it on the March sale, I think they just started doing that. It's pretty cool though, and last sale my coyotes sold for higher than their estimates.

I had some $115 presale estimate. My semi's weren't very good but that is expected.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
That IS a cool feature. I had to laugh at the $12 estimate for my DG 2 coyote. 12 bucks......12 beers in a pack.......hmmmmm.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
My top presale estimate is 120 on a couple. KDM remember that ugly red one that one is at 5$

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
HaHaHaHa!!! We kind of figured that one was going to go BAD!! Makes a guy kind of wish he'd of kept that mongo thing and practiced tanning on it. That thing was BIG and UGLY!! However, 5 bucks is gas money my friend. I'd take 5 bucks a coyote ALL DAY LONG and still go after them stinky things. Them blue skin ones I think are around 30-60 so that worked out better than I expected. ASSUMING.......those prices hold.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sometimes them blues sell really well, had one with good color bring 88 at the Jan auction. I think they try to be conservative with their estimations. I had 2 they estimated at 120 last sale and they sold for 156 each. Let's hope the same happens this auction.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd be more than happy with getting what they estimate, but I'll take all that I can get. Then I'll be talking to you about putting an order together to start making my own stuff. I'm really short of stretchers.......like I have none, so those will be high on the list after I get the equipment creation stuff. At 30 bucks a coyote, I'm all in. There's just something about whackin' a coyote that makes me happy in the face.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha-ha, no kidding KDM, once it's in your blood there is no getting it out. For stretchers I've really come to like the Top Lots, I picked some more up when I was in Sturgis to avoid the damn shipping costs. Depending on what you're looking to build for snares, I have a component list on my snare building thread of what I use.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I going to go with what you have there. Though I might get a different cutter/swagger. I have more time to spend than most trappers, so I might go industrial sized. My goal this year is to have 1000 snares working at any given time. Lofty goal I know, but the more coyotes I can take down, the faster I can get more trapping stuff!! (Grin)

Additionally, based on our discussions about how to best go about catching the coyotes, your sound logic on locations, tactics, and equipment is very difficult for me to argue with, not to mention a successful track record of putting fur in the shed. At this point anything is better than what we were doing. I can't believe we made that many basic mistakes and still put 63 coyotes in the sheds.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You're making me blush Kirk. I bumbled through a lot of mistakes when I first started too, and coyotes can still make a person look like a fool. But that's part of the fun. I have no doubt you will like those snares, and hopefully you won't have to kiss as many of them next year. I have the ARM swagger, and it's a pretty good unit, I think I paid over 200 for it when I got it. You can get cheaper ones for around 100, but like you said they won't hold up to the volume you're looking to build. I can't wait for the day when I can go at it full time, I am definitely envious of your schedule. Looking forward to seeing how many of them fawn killers you stack up this year.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prices are down pretty good from the last 2 sales.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 111
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69