ND State Wrestling

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never wrestled, but the few friends I had that did, seemed to always want to show off their abilities. I always found this a real bunch of jackassery, as none of the band kids ever broke out into a dualling piano shtick in a show off moment

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never wrestled, but the few friends I had that did, seemed to always want to show of their abilities. I always found this a real bunch of jackassery, as none of the band kids ever broke out into a dualling piano shtick in a show off moment

That's because band kids were in there moms basement playing board games.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congratulations 2x champ :;:rockitBradyn Horgan THE only 3 generation family in ND class A or B

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tournament was one of the smoothest I've been a part of. Overall, it was pretty easy to call and I think the entire crew of officials should receive contracts for next year. The kids wrestled hard and your seed didn't guarantee you anything. There were a lot of upsets throughout the tournament, some matches weren't even close. Congrats to my cousin, tayt wolding, on his first state championship. I have to say, the class b 220 match was exciting to watch. I'm happy I didn't have to call it. The only problem I had with the tournament was the hospitality room was devoid of any food for the majority of the day. How dare they make me lose weight.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tournament was one of the smoothest I've been a part of. Overall, it was pretty easy to call and I think the entire crew of officials should receive contracts for next year. The kids wrestled hard and your seed didn't guarantee you anything. There were a lot of upsets throughout the tournament, some matches weren't even close. Congrats to my cousin, tayt wolding, on his first state championship. I have to say, the class b 220 match was exciting to watch. I'm happy I didn't have to call it. The only problem I had with the tournament was the hospitality room was devoid of any food for the majority of the day. How dare they make me lose weight.
Yeah the biggest upset of the tournament PCN 7 seed beating the number 1 seed. Crazy the guy Micheal beat first round ended up taking forth place best non seeded wrestler Rasmussen . I seen the pic of the 220 podium picture Steeke looked like he had been through a war, face was all bloody and flushed like he was crying. A guy can't always tell by just looking at the pic. Do tell what us, what was the conflict at 220. 2nd place was the best PCN has ever done as a team.

Colonel Angus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty proud of my guy finishing 3rd at 285 B. He took the full force of Kelly in the semis and went the distance and then finished strong against the #3 seed. The rest of the tournament was also very exciting and fun to watch. My favorite final matches were 138 and 220. I didn't watch as much of the A side, but there were some great matches over there too. I will definitely be there next year!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's with the team from Montana wrestling in ND? Mondak

its a co-op between grenora and a mt town. I'm guessing they pic which state tournament to wrestle or they may wrestle both. I don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty proud of my guy finishing 3rd at 285 B. He took the full force of Kelly in the semis and went the distance and then finished strong against the #3 seed. The rest of the tournament was also very exciting and fun to watch. My favorite final matches were 138 and 220. I didn't watch as much of the A side, but there were some great matches over there too. I will definitely be there next year!

congrats to your boy, Colonel! I tried looking for him during the HWT rounds thinking he'd end up on my mat but I never did see him. I was a busy man, trying to dodge patients and relatives on the mat. I hate to have to officiate someone at the state tournament and have their win questioned. One question I have, how the hell do schools pay for 3 or 4 different singlets now days? My singlet looked like a mouse used it for snacks.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congratulations to your son CA

- - - Updated - - -
DirtyMike
Wasn't that how Phillip Jackson played for north dakota but lived in Montana or was it the other way around I forget.

Casey Buchholz

Founding Member
Founding Member
I definitely enjoyed reading this thread. I haven't been to a wrestling match since I quit coaching in 2012 but I really miss the sport. Greatest sport there is besides hunting and fishing in my books.

Colonel Angus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure the Letterman's tournament funds most all of the team's expenses through the year, and they probably save up for a round of uniforms every so often. We did host the region duals this year too. Big events like these can generate some pretty good coin between the admission and concessions.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not just you guys, angus. Seemed like every team rotated three different singlets. Got kind of confusing out there. At least the two orange and black tornado teams are separated.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I actually don't think I wrestled anyone from kindred before but I do know the lunde boys pretty well. Obviously, before they moved to west fargo. I would love to be able to coach. Just can't justify leaving the office at 3 every day.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88