NDA Community Show

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
So, we've gotten started with creating videos for a NodakAngler tv series. of sorts (on YouTube). So far, the content the guys have been sending in has been excellent.

Here is an example of a fishing report that was sent in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXVnECurVXk

You all have seen KDM's fine instructional videos.

I am hoping to get a few more guys to consistently chip in. If you would be interested, please post in this thread, or let me know. I think this can be a lot of fun, and a pretty neat way for us as a community to work on a project together. A show of Nodak fishermen for Nodak fishermen.

I am more than happy to do all of the editing/publishing.

Does anyone have any ideas to further this concept? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Looking good! I got out on Sunday.. I'm going to go thru the footage see if there's anything worth while

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did some recording today, but the fishing was tough. Once I was finally able to get into some fish my fricken gopro battery was dead. I do think i was able to get 1 on video though. I'll go through the footage in the morning. I'm going to look into some sort of mount setup so I can attach a power pack to the gopro so I won't ever run out of juice again.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got my new camara. Can't wait to get out and try it. Hopefully I can get you some footage as well.

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I did some recording today, but the fishing was tough. Once I was finally able to get into some fish my fricken gopro battery was dead. I do think i was able to get 1 on video though. I'll go through the footage in the morning. I'm going to look into some sort of mount setup so I can attach a power pack to the gopro so I won't ever run out of juice again.

I use a battery bank and I'll usually record my full 10hrs before my battery bank even goes down to half!

Anker makes a good one and it comes with a nice black pouch you can hang it from your tripod.

I usually use my body harness and have the battery bank in my front pocket.

Anker PowerCore 10000, One of the Smallest and Lightest 10000mAh External Batteries, Ultra-Compact, High-speed Charging Technology Power Bank for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0194WDVHI/?tag=nodakangler10-20

Only down side is you can't use your waterproof mount... But I don't like the sound quality from a waterproof mount anyways.... Just have to be super careful

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator

Those 3M sticky mounts that the camera comes with are incredible. They hold!!
That is what I use. Then have the camera connected to a battery pack (or the cigarette lighter).
With a 64gb sd card I can record almost 10 hours without touching it.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Finding a few guys, spread out across the state would be great.
Oahe, East Sak, West Sak, Devils Lake, Red River, Missouri River, etc ... (for fishing reports)

The fishing reports are easier to do than a guy thinks. Just use your phone to record yourself talking.

Getting clips of catching fish is great too.

Instructional vids, like KDM does are great!!

Many options, and I am up for any of it.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm getting one of those battery packs. Thanks ccarver!!! I'm a rookie's rookie for this video stuff.

PS: I HATE editing!!!

Last edited:

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Any interest in bow hunting videos? I self filmed for 4-5 years, but dropped it the last couple years. I could pick it up again if theres interest.

I don't do much boat fishing, but could start doing some videos on the ice this winter.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same here. Can't stand to hear myself talk.

which is simply strange because I don’t recall thinking “DORK!” when I’ve heard anyone elses’s voice except my own

- - - Updated - - -

OK... maybe Deaf Frat Guy but his is bust a gut funny

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Any interest in bow hunting videos? I self filmed for 4-5 years, but dropped it the last couple years. I could pick it up again if theres interest.

I don't do much boat fishing, but could start doing some videos on the ice this winter.

Hunting vids will be great this fall. Yes.

Ice fishing vids will definitely be in the docket this winter.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Turns out my daughter has the Anker battery bank already, but doesn't use it. HaHaHa (evil laugh), it's MINE NOW!!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33