New boat

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If i spent that kind of money for some sparkly glass boat, my 6 yr old grandson would even kick my ass

If one of your children or grandchildren give you a bad time about spending money on a sparkly boat, remind them that the boat didn't cost you a dime. If they are confused, inform them that you took the money out of their inheritance.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sub, figured this would turn your crank.
Sharp rig I must admit with the white 350 n kicker.

Red_Lipstick_Looks_8.jpg

Will a person be allowed to wear white framed sunglasses in this boat and not be considered a douche?

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
3 wks ago i stopped at the nitro dealer in Fargo and they said there is a big announcement coming in the near future...i think 2019, but he said a zv 19 or zv 20 was in the works. And then the same thing was said when i went to the sport show in Bis when i talked to the Swenson boys. Be interesting to see what the big secret is coming. As far as the motors i think the L4 verado is 200 hp and the 6cyl version is 225hp, the 6cyl version could be replaced with the 300 ecm i think but don't think it would take long to rip the back end off the zv18 with 300 ponies in the back
If the 18ft Larson can handle a 340 vrod I am sure the nitro would have no problems those 18s are tanks

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dickhead maybe, but no douche! ;:;boozer......................................;:;rofl

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
If i spent that kind of money for some sparkly glass boat, my 6 yr old grandson would even kick my ass

He'll forgive you right quick when he's 16 and borrows that boat to go trolling along some beach where beavers hang out.

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ill be there, narrowed down to either Nitro 18 or the Yar 186

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha! Perfect (just like a dickhead Ranger Owner).

Sluggo is out of the country, or he'd thump me on this one..

Can't believe it took 154 posts...

It's true, I am a dickhead too...regardless of which country I am in.

Coldfront

Established Member
This has been a interesting forum to read and I have to disagree with fact that all Ranger owners are dickheads. I have noticed that old, bald fat bastards are the ones that come into a fishing area hot and when they leave it is full throttle to show off how fast that they can get out of the hole or coming by boats at full speed at 50 yards away.To answer Sub_Elect about Ranger resale, in percentage the Ranger at 90K and resale at 70K is a 23% depreciation and at 80K and 60K resale is 25%;:;banghead In 2016 I bought a new sparkly boat in the 20' range. I could have bought any boat I wanted and I went to two boat shows, Bismarck and Minot. I spent 3 days at the Minot show, I picked up every brochure, talked to factory sales people and also asked boat owners what they had, I asked them the pro's and con's of their boats. First I narrowed it down to three boats. Lund got X'd I wanted a Yamaha motor, that left two boats Ranger and Skeeter. I was sitting in the FS620 talking to the Ranger rep asking him why I should buy this FS620 over a Skeeter and he said in a real smart a$$ way because it is a Ranger. It was like I was going to be a lower class fisherman if I bought any other boat. All I wanted was for him to tell me the con's of the Skeeter. I got out of the boat went over to Tim Mortiz and told him to forget the sale. I do like boat more open in the back and the two jump seats. By the way there were two reps there the older guy was great to talk to but the younger rep I thought was very arrogant.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've given this advice before but I think it's worth sharing again. The best time you can spent ( IMHO ) looking at purchasing a new fiberglass boat is a stop by Gibbons Fiberglass in Bismarck. Boat shows are great and fun but you will never get real world advice.

If you ask Bob will share allot of hard earned info and his opinion is based on actual failures and repairs.

Thought I would pass that along, again.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've given this advice before but I think it's worth sharing again. The best time you can spent ( IMHO ) looking at purchasing a new fiberglass boat is a stop by Gibbons Fiberglass in Bismarck. Boat shows are great and fun but you will never get real world advice.

If you ask Bob will share allot of hard earned info and his opinion is based on actual failures and repairs.

Thought I would pass that along, again.

For us casual shoppers, could you summarize what you've gleaned from such discussions? I understand not wanting to put words in someone else's mouth, but a couple of highlights would be interesting.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
No way josē ! The window lickers here would go nuts.

Allot of great boats out there, buyers have to decide for themselves what boat they choose.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
No way josē ! The window lickers here would go nuts.

Allot of great boats out there, buyers have to decide for themselves what boat they choose.
Yeah but have you even tried a window? They're delicious

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93