New flip house

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
you would not need marine plywood, as the sled bottom is likely not aluminum. Regular old pressure treated green should be fine

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
just take the grinder and zip off the extra length of bolt at the locknut if it bothers you.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone riveted their hyfax kit on? I have 2 houses, one with and the other without. I don't like the screws sticking up from the floor.

agree - makes wiping the grooves dry a drag

rivets should work fine - can't imagine why not.

Maybe keep a few bolts/nuts handy in the sled in case one of the front rivets blow out - so you have a way to secure it so that you don't have a little "ski" hanging loose/down up front for a trip home.

- - - Updated - - -

you'll have to find some long rivets so you can get on them and draw it up tight - I recall barely being able to get the nut started on some holes

it'll take lots and lots of squeezes unless you have a pneumatic - I have one but it kinda sucks : (

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Maybe keep a few bolts/nuts handy in the sled in case one of the front rivets blow out - so you have a way to secure it so that you don't have a little "ski" hanging loose/down up front for a trip home.

wiping out the grooves? haha

I am a drip dry type of groove dryher

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
sometimes a bunch of water (inch or two) gets in from snow/rain/travel events. I have an old sponge in there permanently for mopping up excess if it gets too deep. Can't stand water sloshing around getting gear/bags wet.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
sometimes a bunch of water (inch or two) gets in from snow/rain/travel events. I have an old sponge in there permanently for mopping up excess if it gets too deep. Can't stand water sloshing around getting gear/bags wet.

I bought a cheap rug from Menards and cut it to size and tossed it in the bottom of my sled. Works awesome! Stuff doesnt bounce around near as bad. And it removes easily for drying.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a cheap rug from Menards and cut it to size and tossed it in the bottom of my sled. Works awesome! Stuff doesnt bounce around near as bad. And it removes easily for drying.

Agree! I have soft closed cell foam mats (the kind they sell for standing on to reduce fatigue). I don't like water stewing/festering with dead minnows and funk and when it gets too much it slops up over foam and gets bags etc.

or more inportantly in March (or this January) it gets warm days, cold nights, under a cover. It condenses on the canvas and mildew attacks your canvas. I've rescued mine days from disaster on occasion. I don't want water standing in there for weeks come thawing temps. Metal corrodes and mildew attacks if not below freezing.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
just take the grinder and zip off the extra length of bolt at the locknut if it bothers you.

Nylon threaded lock doesn't help either with its high profile

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

you'll have to find some long rivets so you can get on them and draw it up tight - I recall barely being able to get the nut started on some holes

it'll take lots and lots of squeezes unless you have a pneumatic - I have one but it kinda sucks : (

I might use a combination of both. Bolts in high stress areas, Rivets in less stress areas.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why not just drill a drain hole for water, worked in the Eskimo. I picked up the hyfax, now to dig out the heat gun and get them installed. I will have a piece of carpet in the bottom of the sled just because I hate digging crap out of the grooves.

Red-BlueFin

Founding Member
Founding Member
build your own hitch out of 3/4 conduit and the rest of the components from TSC or HOE for about $20

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK this whole pop rivet idea has a good and bad benefits to a sled bottom hyfax.
Good would be flush mount fasteners inside tub
Bad would be all those rivets will allow water to leak through all those holes because the rivets are hollow unless you buy the self seal rivets they use on boat hauls. Those buggers need a pneumatic gun or heavy duty bolt cutter style rivet gun.
rivet_blind_art.jpg

hr-730_428x157.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

58531-2303583.jpg

58531-2303233.jpg

58531-6724217.jpg

These threaded fasteners nuts can be used with either inserted from inside the tub or inserted outside then using a stainless steel flat head screw

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 43
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16