New Gun Legislation Coming

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone bought an AR this week?
I did.
Been procrastinating and figured if I'm getting one, its now before the election
Sheels guy said I was the 3rd customer that bought one since the shooting. That was Tuesday

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bury the bastards with a pig and see if that gets them to their heaven and no more constant T V coverage making them heroes in other terrorist eyes.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What those ass hats don't think about is the hundreds on the no fly list that dont belong on it

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Repeal of NFA/GCA's '34, '38, '68, and '86 would be a good start to new gun legislation.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone bought an AR this week?
I did.
Been procrastinating and figured if I'm getting one, its now before the election
Sheels guy said I was the 3rd customer that bought one since the shooting. That was Tuesday

Built one this spring. Got the lower through a buddy, so it's pretty much "off grid."

Still haven't fired it though. Pretty sure that's against a Man Code somewhere.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is only 2 ways this crap stops: 1. everyone becomes nice again (unlikely), 2. more people are able to defend themselves to where a shooter is actually concerned that someone else might be packing and take him out. (my preference)

Is it your preference? So when your kid leaves the house you have to remind him don't forget your pistola! kinda like the cell phone pick up your piece and bring that along too. I have a grade school across the street - visions of all the kids carrying pop into my mind. They would have to have the latest in color and have the most rounds per sq inch. Mowing the lawn, grocery store, church, having a few at the local pub, swimming would be tough but I suppose the waterproof ones would come in handy, at work I suppose one would clean it over the noon hour, weddings, baptisms, funerals, you name it just a cell phone everyone would need to carry a piece.

- - - Updated - - -

ps sluggo - I am not picking on you. I have the same thought --- I was like to bad that cop couldn't connect a bullet with that ahole. To bad he didn't pick a club with gun carrying gangs. Bottom line though is that if we move in the gun carrying direction then we all have to carry weapons - that includes kids wifes etc maybe even a dog.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
More laws are definitely not the answer. All more laws have done is aid the shooter. Look at Chicago strictest gun laws in the country along with the highest crime rate. How does that work? Most of the these massacres are happening in gun free zones. Gee I wonder why? Gun laws have made things worse not better. I'm gonna bring up Isreal again. Only the police are allowed to carry firearms. If the Muslims can't find a gun to attack they use knives. These happen daily sometimes multiple times in a day. Muslims stabbing Jews.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well at least Israel takes care of business when people fuck with them. They don't give them a hotel room and 3 squares a day like we do here. And nobody really cares about Chicago gangsters killing each other.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take a look back in history and see what has happened to the citizens after a country has disarmed them. It can happen here just as easily. I don't know about you but I'm not willing to put my trust in this government.

- - - Updated - - -

Well at least Israel takes care of business when people fuck with them. They don't give them a hotel room and 3 squares a day like we do here. And nobody really cares about Chicago gangsters killing each other.
True on both points

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't want anymore regulations on buying a gun, but a place to start would be if you on a no-fly list you get put on no-buy gun list?

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't want anymore regulations on buying a gun, but a place to start would be if you on a no-fly list you get put on no-buy gun list?
You would think that would be reasonable. "How can a man that was investigated by the FBI buy a gun?" they ask. But then I ask myself, "how can someone being investigated by the FBI be running for president? And why did so many people vote for her?" Then I realize "common sense" as the antis put it, is different than the than the "common sense" I think it is.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I understand what you are saying, Shorthairs, but not EVERYONE would need to carry, just enough people so the idiots couldn't assume every gathering contained only sheep. I don't want to revisit the wild west either but I see no way to prevent the next shooting short of another weapon. When the shooter has no regard for human life, his or others, there is no law that can slow him down. Only another weapon will stop him so the only question is "who will have that weapon?" Law enforcement will show up 10 minutes after the lead starts flying, no offense to them. Also, we need to get rid of the gun free zones (ie sheep only) and come down harder on gun crimes (won't stop terrorism but might slow down gangs).

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
[, Shorthairs, but not EVERYONE would need to carry, just enough people so the idiots couldn't assume every gathering contained only sheep.

How do you select the "select few that get to carry in a bar for example" -- without creating some type deputy law. Carrying while drinking ---- guns and booze they mix so well. That's been proved over and over in this state. You want booze and guns ---- I want the laws wide open though - I want my seatbelt off, I want cigarette machines put back in the bar, I want the Winston cup brought back, I want every fkkn drug legalized so I don't have to go to a pharmacy to get my meds and I can order online, and the list goes on. I am sick of laws ---- my job and life has gotten more difficult due to the shitty laws this country has passed during the boomers in congress years. An no I am not out breaking laws. I hear both sides of the story and they end no where as nobody has a solution. Its just a bunch of talk and BS and nobody gets anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

With that said - -yes I want a law on the books that some guy like this who FBI had a on a list -- doesn't get a gun legally. Let the Son of bitch go buy or steal one on the street.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't it be easier to just make murder and terrorism illegal?

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't it be easier to just make murder and terrorism illegal?
Ummm thats common sense we don't like to use that:cool: and don't you want to become culturally diversified by letting people from other countries that may or may not be or become terrorist into the USA

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am feeling the need for acknowledgement and acceptance.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am feeling the need for acknowledgement and acceptance.

The topic in question is focused upon a piece of equipment the majority of the folks on the website own and use to pursue an outdoor hobby. The 2nd as well as the debates to come are NOT about keeping a tool to hunt/target shoot with, but the fact that they are a necessity to do so for so many makes the topic valid within the top topics page rather than relegating it to the 2nd tier political page.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84