New Knee

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So back in late december I partially tore a tendon in my rotator cuff. Had a shot in it in January and helped for a couple months. Had another one a couple weeks ago and the doc says I need to consider surgery if it keeps aching. I've heard mixed reports from rotator cuff surgery's. Not sure I want to go under the knife for it. It's really only an issue trying to sleep at night with the constant dull ache. Anybody with rotator cuff surgery experiences? Good, bad or ugly?

As far as my knees just a little arthritis mainly ache when they get really cold.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wait, wut?

I don't remember typing this.

I'm going to have to ask BedWetter where he bought those gummies he gave me. :cautious:
I don’t know how severe the tendinitis you have is or how stiff your joints are but either bidenitia is starting to set in or someone mixed the sticky icky icky in your oatmeal

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
So back in late december I partially tore a tendon in my rotator cuff. Had a shot in it in January and helped for a couple months. Had another one a couple weeks ago and the doc says I need to consider surgery if it keeps aching. I've heard mixed reports from rotator cuff surgery's. Not sure I want to go under the knife for it. It's really only an issue trying to sleep at night with the constant dull ache. Anybody with rotator cuff surgery experiences? Good, bad or ugly?

As far as my knees just a little arthritis mainly ache when they get really cold.

Try sleeping with your arm extended above your head, it takes the pressure off the shoulder and the reason we don't use the headboard and the bed sits crossways in the bedroom. I tore mine during the peak of covid and it's now finally getting back to normal. I heard about those gummies , I was told if you take them before bedtime you get a good nights sleep.

Last edited:

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member

I've had rotator cuff surgery done at Bone and Joint here in Bismarck a couple years ago with Dr. Pierce. It took roughly 3 months to be back to 100% normal, but only 3-4 weeks before I was using that arm/shoulder regularly. PT is a must, if you go down this road do not skimp out on the PT. All in all it was a better experience that what I was anticipating.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mine was all good for me. Make sure you do all the therapy afterwards. Db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Was a small cut done with the aid of camera. Db

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member

Mom had a tear in her rotator cuff fixed in Bismarck, think it was at bone and joint center. Turned out great for her. A little pain when therapy was started but all the pain is gone now.

Dad had a rotator cuff tear that was misdiagnosed as percidis (forgive the spelling). He finally went to see a Dr. Joshi out in Williston. Went to therapy after the surgery and never got better, still had pain and couldn't lift his arm any better. Went back to Joshi, and was told oh I couldn't fix it or it didn't hold. Waited a few more years just dealing with the pain, finally went to Bone and Joint Center and had a shoulder reversal done by Dr. pierce. All the pain gone, can lift his arm now, did lose a little range of motion but he'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84