New Otter Flip Over's

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
frick

- - - Updated - - -

hey wait a minute - I think I'll convert mine - have TRS put side doors in. :;:rockit

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw that. I will likely keep my old XT pro lodge but am looking forward to seeing these in person. I have beat the shit out of my otter pulling it for hundreds of miles the last three years on Lake Winnipeg and it has held up great. Otter makes a quality product.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice. I love the side doors on my frabil. I don't know why it took so long for these companies to move the doors.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Otter is good stuff. I have a one man that I love . The gray interior is much better than the black I had on my frabill. Side doors would be sweet as long as that does not include extra steps for set up.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can do it with bungee cords I would bet.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
It basically looks like new ones have one support pole that detaches at the bottom and pivots forward to open up the space for a side door. Guy i'm assuming those new pieces will be available as replacement parts and you can probably order them at some point to convert to side door...maybe.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It basically looks like new ones have one support pole that detaches at the bottom and pivots forward to open up the space for a side door. Guy i'm assuming those new pieces will be available as replacement parts and you can probably order them at some point to convert to side door...maybe.

I'm assuming that, if you worked at Otter and proposed to corporate that they should make the parts available to make old ones as cool as the new ones, you'd be shown the door and given a swift kick in the arse on the way out ;)

It'll take some MacGyvering but I think I'll figure out how to make it convenient and practical with a DIY mod.

Also - mine is actually a CanvasCraft top on an otter sled but the design is quite similar to Otter's.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. Hook me up with the DIY mod, guy.

2. The only thing keeping me from swapping out for a new one is the fact that my old one didn't leave the shelf last year.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are the side doors really that great? I have never fished out of a house that has them. Dont think going in and out of the front door is that big of a deal. Maybe its like one of those things where you didnt think it was that big of a deal until you actually used one to see how much easier it makes your life like.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it depends a great deal on how hyper a guy is

I see guys disappear into their flip-up shelters and not come out for hours on end

somehow I can't do that

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it depends a great deal on how hyper a guy is

I see guys disappear into their flip-up shelters and not come out for hours on end

somehow I can't do that

True, but I move alot, especially on lake winnipeg and just never thought about the front door being an issue.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Side door flip overs are a pain when hole hopping or fishing multiple spots every 30 min. The side door flip overs mandate the use of a couple poles and are not as easy to fold up quickly. I do enjoy my side doors when I am sitting in one place all day.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Side door flip overs are a pain when hole hopping or fishing multiple spots every 30 min. The side door flip overs mandate the use of a couple poles and are not as easy to fold up quickly. I do enjoy my side doors when I am sitting in one place all day.

This unit looks like you can run it both ways. Like a Target bathroom.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33