New State record

Grizzly Adams

Founding Member
Founding Member
When it was in a known snagging hole and a video shows the guy that netted it popping a jig out of the fishes back behind the dorsal fin, you have some explaining to do... if you dont explain it, expect people to question and doubt the validity of it. That isnt that hard to understand.

This fish has some red flags...
Jealous much?

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
That elk in your avatar ...... where's the tag?

Hey Dean, I thought a know-it-all like yourself would know that in Wyoming you must cut out the kill date and sign your tag before leaving the site of the kill, but are not required to affix it to the elk during transport to avoid losing it. Since it required a 2 mile pack out, after finding my elk I immediately notched my tag and signed it but did not attach it to the elk to avoid losing the tag. It was in my possession the whole time during transport as required by law. I bet your brother Nean Delson would know that though.

Also, I could provide the tag as well when I get it back from the taxidermist if you would like more proof. I have no problem proving it since it was 100% legal. Also, I could understand you questioning something if there was damning evidence something wasnt done legally, but nice try you got nothing...

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard the guy knocked it out on the cast it was floating and he then precisely snagged it reeled it in quickly and in the first picture with the snagzilla was dabbing all while John madden did play by play and drew the whole sequence out on the tellestrator

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh for fuck sakes!! Foul hooked or not, like 99.5% of you have never foul hooked a 14" to 24" eye and never put it in the live well, if you say you haven't I'll call you a liar to your face. What a bunch of fucking whiners!! ::boxing::

- - - Updated - - -

Must of pissed a whiner off just got a bad rep!! :;:muahahaKeep em coming comin you whiners!!! :;:duel

Just got another one for swearing!!! FUCK!!

I am baffled that a lot of you guys are able to equate keeping an illegally taken eater walleye with an illegally taken state record for the most sought after trophy fish in the region. How are these two scenarios deemed equivalent in your eyes?

Is this the “everybody gets a trophy” thing come home to roost? I’m honestly quite baffled.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am baffled that a lot of you guys are able to equate keeping an illegally taken eater walleye with an illegally taken state record for the most sought after trophy fish in the region. How are these two scenarios deemed equivalent in your eyes?

Is this the “everybody gets a trophy” thing come home to roost? I’m honestly quite baffled.

i think snagging with a single hook jig should be its own category think how much harder it is to do than the easy way of catching it in the mouth when the fish bites it. #msga

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am starting to think it is a few butt hurt elitist boat fishermen that are jealous that a lowly shore fisherman caught the state record.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now I am baffled. Where has it been proven it was illegally taken? Last I knew it was a confirmed state record that is now under further review? I find myself on the positive side of this until it has been settled. But seems there is plenty of Negative Nellie's, Jealous Joe's and Dramatic Diva's not on the same shoreline. No innocence until PROVEN guilty anymore?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The weight of the fish has been confirmed by NDGF to exceed the necessary weight to qualify for the state record.

From what I gather the manner of the taking is what is under investigation because eye witnesses have stated that it was not taken legally. I can't imagine they're relying on the video because, if so, that's not enough to disqualify IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a butt-hurt jealous envious trophy hunter by any stretch. If the guy caught it legally then good for him. State records and such don't really register highly in my brain like they did when I was 25.

When I look at the picture of him holding it, "wow, that's pretty neat" is about all the emotion I can register. Honestly ZERO jealousy. If it's the record, that's great, if he didn't take it legally, the fish shouldn't qualify. Pretty straightforward.

I am probably just an old school stickler for fair competition - that's my only interest in this case. I'd hate to think the previous record holder got unseated unfairly.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i also don't see it as jealousy, elitists, etc... this record might be around another 50 years. who knows. whether its broke in a week or 50 years, we really don't want it to be tainted with rumors of it being taken illegally. best to be followed up on so the issue can be put to rest one way or the other. that really isn't asking too much.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel like this is an NFL game. "The previous play is under review".

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5