New taters

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Whats your way to fix? Looking for something new.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sounds good, throw in some fresh carrots and we eat it with lots of butter and a whole bunch of bacon, one more food dish of the gods

SlickTrick125

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to marinade them along with mushrooms, fresh garlic, onions, and asparagus or broccoli. maybe a little soy sauce, balsamic viniger, olive oil, or sesame oil. grill on a cast iron grill plate, but the potatoes have to go on way before the other goodies.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
A pouch or 2 of Lipton Onion soup mix and a stick of butter. Throw on the grill till tender. Oh put a cut up onion or 2 in it also.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Butter, chopperd onion, diced pepper, salt and pepper. Wrap in tinfoil and throw on grill. The lightly burnt one are the best. Creamed new spuds are delicious. Boiling is good with some salt, butter, parsley, and pepper. I grew up on a potato farm. Sometimes I feel like Bubba listing all the ways to cook potatoes.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've started putting whole potatos directly onto grill grates. IMO, they're quite spectacular over any kind of charcoal. I suspect cooking them on a pellet grill would be outstanding as well. IMO, boiling only provides a consistently pleasing mashable medium that's a carrier for whatever you then add, butter, salt, pepper, etc. Smoke however is a welcome additional complexity of flavor.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've started putting whole potatos directly onto grill grates. IMO, they're quite spectacular over any kind of charcoal. I suspect cooking them on a pellet grill would be outstanding as well. IMO, boiling only provides a consistently pleasing mashable medium that's a carrier for whatever you then add, butter, salt, pepper, etc. Smoke however is a welcome additional complexity of flavor.

yep - for crispy potato skin lovers this is outstanding - even with a gas grill

- - - Updated - - -

buttered and sea-salted first of course

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive only recently started with thin sliced red potatoes, tossed in olive oil and a garlic blend seasoning. I lay them directly on the racks of the traeger making sure to keep over the drip pan (evens heat and if you lose one it doesn't go to the bottom of the grill) About 20mins or so and they are crispy and my favorite new snack. Only downfall is they take up a lot of room on the lil tex.

NSSJ

boil potatoes till done. Add Bacon bits, chopped green onions, salt,pepper and Ranch dressing. Serve hot or cold..........enjoy

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
mrs johnr is a pro at the twice baked method, delicious is says

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish with a side of hash browns or fried potatoes with just some salt and pepper. Simple is good!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88